Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Offical NHL THread
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<----------------------------------------------WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: 1212649946.jpg]
If they were that good, it wouldn't have been that close. ;) I guess a congratulations is in order anyways. :D

At least they had to work for it!

How long till the pre-season starts?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 5 2008, 10:46 AM Wrote:How long till the pre-season starts?
[right][snapback]265999[/snapback][/right]

No idea... call me when the summer's over :P
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

NOS2Go4Me,Jun 5 2008, 10:46 AM Wrote:If they were that good, it wouldn't have been that close. ;)

They deserved that cup for sure. Finally the best team wins it.

Congrats to the wing fans. Montreal is going to own your ass next year. :P :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Jun 5 2008, 12:11 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 5 2008, 10:46 AM Wrote:If they were that good, it wouldn't have been that close. ;)

They deserved that cup for sure. Finally the best team wins it.

Congrats to the wing fans. Montreal is going to own your ass next year. :P :D
[right][snapback]266009[/snapback][/right]
Go Leafs!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :huh:
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Yes, congratulations are in order to the Detroit Red Wings, and the Pittsburgh Penguins as well. Two teams that know how to build winning teams............are you listening MLSE?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
only detroit could elicit such a headline (from CityTV)...

Quote:Detroit Fans Explode In Peaceful Joy After Latest Cup Win
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Is CBC retarded?

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/437636

Quote:Hockey Night in Canada’s signature theme song may have been heard for the final time on CBC last night, says the composer of the song dubbed “Canada’s second national anthem.”

The licence agreement to use the song expired with the final game of this year’s Stanley Cup playoffs, according to statements posted this week on the website hockeytheme.com. (Hear song)

On the website, Copyright Music and Visuals president John Ciccone says CBC has advised his company, which controls use of the song, and composer Dolores Claman that it is not prepared to sign a new agreement.

Ciccone says CBC was offered a new deal on terms similar to those that existed for the past decade. The cost to the CBC, Ciccone said, amounts to about $500 per broadcast.

The Hockey Night in Canada song was composed by Claman in 1968 and has become one of the longest-running theme songs in broadcasting history.

"I am saddened by the decision of the CBC to drop the Hockey Night in Canada theme after our lengthy history together,” Claman said in a statement on the website.

“I nevertheless respect its right to move in a new direction."

Neither Claman nor Ciccone could be reached for comment this morning.

CBC spokesperson Jeff Keay said he could not immediately confirm details because the head of CBC sports, Scott Moore, was in transit from Pittsburgh, where the Detroit Red Wings beat the Penguins last night in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final.

"I know we've been having discussions," Keay said this morning.

In 2004, a group that includes Claman filed a lawsuit seeking $2.5 million in damages, charging the CBC with breach of copyright and breach of contract. Claman, Vine Maple Music and Copyright Music and Visuals claimed that the public network used the hockey theme without authorization both inside and outside Canada, sold it for use as a cellphone ring tone and altered the arrangement without approval.

In the statement of claim, the plaintiffs say they signed a new deal that spelled out how the music could be used when CBC took over production of hockey broadcasts from Molson Breweries in 1998.

Ciccone said in the website statement that a resolution of the lawsuit is not a precondition of any new licence agreement.

Toronto-based Copyright Music and Visuals, a division of Absolute Productions Inc., bills itself as a service for music and copyright clearance with more than 20 years' experience.

This makes me mad. I grew up listening to this song (as did most of you guys I'm sure).
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
its been my cell phone ring tone for quite a while now! :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
WEll, full marks to the Wings for winning, but they were pressed far harder than I think they expected...

As to the kerfuffle over the HNIC theme song.... this is what happens when greed & lawyers get involved, tradition, heritage and national pride be damned :angry:

Bah, a pox on both their houses (CBC & the copyright holder) <_<

NefCanuck
boo
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]