Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Offical NHL THread
The Sens would have NEVER dealt Chara to a team in their division...

Besides, Chara ain't that great either.
ANTHONYD,Sep 21 2007, 11:30 AM Wrote:The Sens would have NEVER dealt Chara to a team in their division...
[right][snapback]249221[/snapback][/right]
He wasnt dealt, he signed in Boston as a UFA...
and Boston is in Ottawa's Division... are you just screwing with me here...
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
Tinited with Skull decal on front bumper passenger side.
GO WINGS GO!!!!!11111111111
Round One of the Great Ontario Rivalry, albeit, it's still pre-season, goes to the team from Bytown
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Wow... Toronto loses to Ottawa and the Wings lose to Tampa Bay, what's this world coming to? :P :ph34r:

Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 25 2007, 08:34 AM Wrote:Wow... Toronto loses to Ottawa and the Wings lose to Tampa Bay, what's this world coming to? :P :ph34r:
[right][snapback]249454[/snapback][/right]
Repent you sinners, for the end is near! :lol:
K&N Filter.....
Good brawl NY VS NY last night!!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
So whats up with that hit last night, ending up with McAmmond leaving on a stretcher? (read it on TSN). Did anyone watch the game?

I couldn't find a video of it before I left for work, but from the sounds of things, someone is gonna get a hurtin' if he stays in the NHL.

"He'll get what's coming to him next time we play him, that's for sure."

Hi, have you met Chris Neil yet?
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
torradan,Sep 26 2007, 07:55 AM Wrote:So whats up with that hit last night, ending up with McAmmond leaving on a stretcher?  (read it on TSN).  Did anyone watch the game?

I couldn't find a video of it before I left for work, but from the sounds of things, someone is gonna get a hurtin' if he stays in the NHL.

"He'll get what's coming to him next time we play him, that's for sure."

Hi, have you met Chris Neil yet?
[right][snapback]249558[/snapback][/right]
I didn't see it, but heard about it. The guy who hit him is suspended indefanetly. Let's hope the Ottawa guy will be okay. If Ottawa and Philly keep beatin' the stuffing out of each other, and gettin' hurt, then, :lol: the Leafs will be able to beat them both :lol:
K&N Filter.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=322zqTkL0-c
I think had he NOT left his feet.... he may have gotten away with it.

Brutal hit nonetheless.
Head shots should be punished severely to begin with, I mean hell you can end a guy's *career* with a well placed headshot... but then to leave your feet to deliver it?

Dear god, stupidity at the highest level :ph34r:

The fact that the Players Association is absolutely silent when things like this happens shocks and disgusts me... hell they worry more about the player getting suspended/fined for delivering the hit than they do about the victim :angry:

If that kid somehow gets to stay up with Philly, he'd better come down with some sort of illness just before every game that Philly has against Ottawa so that he can't play, cause by the sounds of it, he may never play again after that :blink: :ph34r:

NefCanuck
What a hit. Wow. That's why you don't skate with your head down!

I'm not condoning the hit, but sheesh. You think he would have known better by now eh?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
somebody is going to get a beatin!
That's McAmmond's second concussion within a year. I hope he's going to be able to come back and play. :ph34r:
K&N Filter.....
I feel bad for McAmmond, a pretty clean player... First Prongs in the playoffs, now a rookie trying to make a name for himself in the preseason.

Want to make a name for youself against the Sens? Take on McGratton. Let's see how well you do.

(I'm not a Sens fan by any means, but I'm a McGratton fan)

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 26 2007, 07:55 AM Wrote:What a hit. Wow. That's why you don't skate with your head down!

I'm not condoning the hit, but sheesh. You think he would have known better by now eh?
[right][snapback]249569[/snapback][/right]
He got caught admiring his pass. I think players need to do more to protect themselves. Had he seen Downie coming he would not have been KO'd. I don't condone the hit but we wouldn't have this discussion if he is paying attention to the other players on the ice and protects himself. Someone steaming in that hard, you drop down and give him the hip check....
I will not jump off the "bandwagon"

Leafs lose 7-2 to the "significantly weaker?" Buffalo Sabres. :( :(
K&N Filter.....
You also had swiss cheese in the net. Not sure where I read that Toskala was supposed to be good, but damn. Hopefully Rayray can do something when they put him between the pipes.

OH and by the way -- if you want to watch games and don't get Leaf TV.. download sopcast from sopcast.com , then point it to here: sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/22529

I was watching the game last night (3rd period) after I found this little gem.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
I was at the Sens game when Downie hit McAmmond and it was a cheap shot. And the Sens won't forget that hit...There's a new rival!!! Sens will do very good this year..You have Eaves and Vermette that really need to prove themself..and you have Spezza that's faster than ever!! You have Alfie,Heatley, Fisher strong fowards..and Phillips and Neil has strong defense. And you have Emery that has alot to prove this year again..and there Gerber that played good games in pre-season.

"He'll get what's coming to him next time we play him, that's for sure." by Brian McGrattan (Ottawa Senators, right-winger )
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan