Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Offical NHL THread
Hoo boy... and I thought that Bionic Woman remake on NBC was cheese when I kept flipping to that in a vain attempt to dull the pain (pre-season my @$$, by now the defensemen shouldn't be missing as many assignments as they are missing teeth)

About the only good that came out of last night's horror show was that I stumbled on to that new show "Life" on NBC @ 10 afterwards. Good stuff that :icon_mrgreen:

NefCanuck
focusonthis_88,Sep 27 2007, 12:02 PM Wrote:I was at the Sens game when Downie hit McAmmond and it was a cheap shot.    And the Sens won't forget that hit...There's  a new rival!!!  Sens will do very good this year..You have Eaves and Vermette that really need to prove themself..and you have Spezza that's faster than ever!! You have Alfie,Heatley, Fisher strong fowards..and Phillips and Neil has strong defense.  And you have Emery that has alot to prove this year again..and there Gerber that played good games in pre-season.
[right][snapback]249640[/snapback][/right]
That is EXACTLY what the pre season report on tsn said about the team.....did you watch it before bed or with your cheerios this morning?..lol
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
Tinited with Skull decal on front bumper passenger side.
PDW,Sep 27 2007, 10:41 AM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Sep 27 2007, 12:02 PM Wrote:I was at the Sens game when Downie hit McAmmond and it was a cheap shot.    And the Sens won't forget that hit...There's  a new rival!!!  Sens will do very good this year..You have Eaves and Vermette that really need to prove themself..and you have Spezza that's faster than ever!! You have Alfie,Heatley, Fisher strong fowards..and Phillips and Neil has strong defense.  And you have Emery that has alot to prove this year again..and there Gerber that played good games in pre-season.
[right][snapback]249640[/snapback][/right]
That is EXACTLY what the pre season report on tsn said about the team.....did you watch it before bed or with your cheerios this morning?..lol
[right][snapback]249653[/snapback][/right]

cheerios this morning..:lol: But, I still believe that the Sens will go far again this year.
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
Ut-oh... barely in the league, and you get to spend the first 1/4 of the season suspended. dumbass

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=219415&hubname=nhl

Quote:Colin Campbell, the NHL's Executive Vice President and Director of Hockey Operations, has suspended Downie for 20 games for his hit on Ottawa Senators forward Dean McAmmond in Thursday's exhibition game. Based on his average annual salary, Downie will forfeit $63,101 during his suspension.

''Over the last several months, the League has met with players, coaches, general managers and owners on the subject of hits to the head,'' said Campbell. ''While all of the stakeholders in our League agree that hitting is an important part of the essence of the NHL game, all were also unanimous in the belief that where a player deliberately targets an opponent's head, the conduct should be subject to review and the possible assessment of supplemental discipline.''

Downie will miss the first 20 regular season and/or playoff games (in addition to the last Flyers' pre-season game - Saturday vs. NY Rangers) that he is a member of the Flyers' 23-man roster. If Downie's 20 games are all served in the regular season, he would be eligible to return to the Flyers on November 23 for a game at home against the Capitals. The following day, they face the Senators in Ottawa.

The 20 games is the fifth longest suspension handed down by the League. New York Islanders' Chris Simon holds the longest at 25 games for his two-handed stick attack to the face of Ryan Hollweg of the New York Rangers last season.

''It is clear that, while Mr. Downie is not a repeat offender, all of the other factors identified as being particularly relevant in determining the appropriateness of discipline were involved in Downie's hit on Mr. McAmmond.  The hit was deliberate, dangerous and has no place in our League,'' Mr. Campbell added.

The Flyers were leading 2-1 when, at the 2:39 mark of the second, Downie skated the length of the ice and took a run at McAmmond, who had just released the puck while circling behind the Flyers' net and was met by Downie coming around the other side. Downie also appeared to leave his feet as he flattened the veteran. The jarring hit came moments after Downie was checked into the glass by Ottawa's Christoph Schubert in the Senators' zone.

The Senators forward was carried off on a stretcher, and the Senators announced earlier this week that there was a concussion and some muscle damage but no fractures.

McAmmond also suffered a concussion after a hit by Anaheim defenceman Chris Pronger in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup final last June.  He's now had three concussions in four years.

The 20-year-old prospect gained a reputation at the junior level for some nasty play, but following Thursday's game said the hit wasn't pre-meditated, nor did he intend to go for McAmmond's head.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
20 games.... gee they matched his total IQ points :lol:

NefCanuck
Really nice starter game for the season. Ducks lose to the Kings 4-1. John Bernier FTW! Tis a good day! :D
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
haha that made me laugh too! I was really surprised to see the arena sold out, and all of the NHL jerseys in attendance. The only ones I didn't see where the token Nordiques and Whalers ones.

In other news, as I was typing that, I just scored a ticket for tonights game!

Time to dust off the Sabres gear start motoring to the HSBC.
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Tonight's the night it all begins, the moments of great joy, the hours of extended agony, the constant wonder and hope. Yes, it's Hockey Season again!
Leafs will win the Cup! There, someone said it. But, I didn't say what year :unsure:
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
why don't you say that leafs HAD won the cup. that's a safer statement :D

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I was stoked just from hearing the HNIC theme song before the one game in England.

Then going to the pre-season game this past weekend really got me stoked. Its probably going to be the only game I go to this year too, prices are way too steep.
--
Team PITA
mo_focus,Oct 3 2007, 08:19 AM Wrote:why don't you say that leafs HAD won the cup. that's a safer statement :D
[right][snapback]250107[/snapback][/right]
Gotta live life on the edge :lol: and if I could afford one, drive one
K&N Filter.....
hockey sucks...........there I said it.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Oct 3 2007, 10: Wrote:hockey sucks...........there I said it.
[right][snapback]250112[/snapback][/right]
We're all entitled to our opinions.. no matter how wrong, or right they are B)
K&N Filter.....
My first HD hockey experience tonight! (in my OWN home.)
ANTHONYD,Oct 3 2007, 11:11 AM Wrote:My first HD hockey experience tonight! (in my OWN home.)
[right][snapback]250114[/snapback][/right]

I'll be there around 6:30.

Bah, looks like I get a consolation prize, Ducks at Wings on Versus. Would much rather see the Sens crush the Leafs, but I need my fix.

There is something on beforehand called "Lord Stanley's Summer" that I'm going to take a look at. Sounds like its going to show how the cup spends it's summer with the players.
--
Team PITA
Take a good look at the standings today. It'll probably be the last time before next October that you'll see the Leafs tied with the best in the NHL.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Oct 3 2007, 01:04 PM Wrote:Take a good look at the standings today. It'll probably be the last time before next October that you'll see the Leafs tied with the best in the NHL.
[right][snapback]250124[/snapback][/right]
Gimme a minute.......I'll think of sumthin' smart to say...... never mind, you're probably right. :lol:
K&N Filter.....
OAC_Sparky,Oct 3 2007, 01:04 PM Wrote:Take a good look at the standings today. It'll probably be the last time before next October that you'll see the Leafs tied with the best in the NHL.
[right][snapback]250124[/snapback][/right]

GOLD! :lol: :lol: :lol:
--
Team PITA
Well, I'm visiting my stepmother in the rehab centre tonight at 7pm...

Bets on whether by the time I get out of there that Raycroft has given up a softie? :ph34r:

Of course if the Leafs manage to win it all this year I'll be pissed... I wanted my dad to see it :(

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 3 2007, 02:17 PM Wrote:Well, I'm visiting my stepmother in the rehab centre tonight at 7pm...

Bets on whether by the time I get out of there that Raycroft has given up a softie? :ph34r:

Of course if the Leafs manage to win it all this year I'll be pissed... I wanted my dad to see it :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]250129[/snapback][/right]

He's got the best seat in the house, bud. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.