Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mk3 (2012) Focus Pics & Article
D-Dub,Jan 12 2010, 07: Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jan 11 2010, 07:15 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Jan 11 2010, 11: Wrote:No diesel models are planned for NA this is why they introduced eco-boost to us. Gas engines are cheap easy to maintain and some people still think diesel is still dirty loud and unreliable(obviously nopt the case).

GTDI is Gas Turbo Direct Injection its what all the turbo charged engines are these days.

The new things that they are going to introduce sound like variations of what are on my golf, if that is the case then people that beat on the focus will like them. AWD wont be something that will be an advantage to most people in the future either.

So I like it, but Im curious to see if the interior quality is going to be improved. The plastics quality in some Ford models is terrible, some models have the clip points bulge out of the plastic ....and this is in brand new cars.

I've driven the last generation euro focus and our NA focus, the quality difference is the first thing you notice. With the new focus to match the euro spec quality they will diffidently have to up the base price to at least 21k. I dont mind paying a high price for a compact, but I know many people out there are not like me. One of the reasons I did buy a golf was that for 25k you get the most bang for your buck, its a well rounded car and they didn't cut corners to cheapen the price.
[right][snapback]299352[/snapback][/right]

is yours a 2 or 2.5L?

$25k :o
[right][snapback]299373[/snapback][/right]

2 door 2.5L Sportline

2L Is only GTI

Its a lease, company pays for most of the kms.
[right][snapback]299396[/snapback][/right]

My gf has 2010 VW Golf City 2.0L :-/
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Jan 12 2010, 09:19 AM Wrote:
D-Dub,Jan 12 2010, 07: Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jan 11 2010, 07:15 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Jan 11 2010, 11: Wrote:No diesel models are planned for NA this is why they introduced eco-boost to us. Gas engines are cheap easy to maintain and some people still think diesel is still dirty loud and unreliable(obviously nopt the case).

GTDI is Gas Turbo Direct Injection its what all the turbo charged engines are these days.

The new things that they are going to introduce sound like variations of what are on my golf, if that is the case then people that beat on the focus will like them. AWD wont be something that will be an advantage to most people in the future either.

So I like it, but Im curious to see if the interior quality is going to be improved. The plastics quality in some Ford models is terrible, some models have the clip points bulge out of the plastic ....and this is in brand new cars.

I've driven the last generation euro focus and our NA focus, the quality difference is the first thing you notice. With the new focus to match the euro spec quality they will diffidently have to up the base price to at least 21k. I dont mind paying a high price for a compact, but I know many people out there are not like me. One of the reasons I did buy a golf was that for 25k you get the most bang for your buck, its a well rounded car and they didn't cut corners to cheapen the price.
[right][snapback]299352[/snapback][/right]

is yours a 2 or 2.5L?

$25k :o
[right][snapback]299373[/snapback][/right]

2 door 2.5L Sportline

2L Is only GTI

Its a lease, company pays for most of the kms.
[right][snapback]299396[/snapback][/right]

My gf has 2010 VW Golf City 2.0L :-/
[right][snapback]299397[/snapback][/right]

I wasnt aware they still sell the city golf. Must be pretty cheap if the base 2dr is 20k(tax not inc)

My g/f is actually looking at a 2010 impreza right now, but if they are going to be pricks like they were to me then I think we will go back to the dealer that sold me my car.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 11 2010, 09:28 PM Wrote:Me likes, but the lower grill is to big.  Interior is sweet, needs a drop.  Odd fuel door on the hatch though, sedan has a regular one.
[right][snapback]299380[/snapback][/right]

Is that what that is beside the tail light. Yaa I don't like that at all. But Hey its different.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
looks like fuel door to me..

front bumper looks like cheaper version of rs and i kinda dislike the taillight..
it reminds me hyundai veracruz..

interior looks amazing but not sure how production model will look like..
and it doesn't look i.c.e mod-friendly
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 11 2010, 09:28 PM Wrote:Me likes, but the lower grill is to big.  Interior is sweet, needs a drop.  Odd fuel door on the hatch though, sedan has a regular one.
[right][snapback]299380[/snapback][/right]

Needs a drop... seriously? Look at the streetfire video posted and I think it looks pretty damn low for stock! I'm loving the way it looks there!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
I'm really glad i bought my stang now.....

No 3 door hatch? seriously? SO glad i didn't wait for this.... FAIL
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
for now no 3 door hatch but it will come.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

I think it's hideous.. What's nice is the new powerplant and if you go ATX there is a powershift 6 speed tranny. The interior looks pretty nice as well. But other than that it's so ugly! It looks like a small minivan! The price will take it out of the normal Focus class as well. Expect to pay at least 30K out of the door for a fully loaded one.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
tetra,Jan 13 2010, 02:48 PM Wrote:I think it's hideous.. What's nice is the new powerplant and if you go ATX there is a powershift 6 speed tranny. The interior looks pretty nice as well. But other than that it's so ugly! It looks like a small minivan! The price will take it out of the normal Focus class as well. Expect to pay at least 30K out of the door for a fully loaded one.
[right][snapback]299505[/snapback][/right]

I dunno man, it pretty damn good.

What car would you like to see it look like?
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Something other than that. I think they had a great opportunity here to redesign the Focus and really make it spectacular. Mind you like I said, the interior is amazing. I really like the futuristic changes. But the exterior, I think they plundered on that front.
I won't judge it completely until I see it in person, but for now that is my stance on it.

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
Here is a really good article by AutoBlog

"The new 2010 Focus sedan and five-door hatchback represent the third and fourth body styles of the new global C-platform from Ford. The European C-Max and Grand C-Max debuted last September at the Geneva Motor Show with the latter scheduled to land in the U.S. next year. Over the next year or so we will be seeing six more "top-hats" on the C-platform, including a station wagon, three-door hatch and hard-top coupe-convertible, some of which will be sold here in North America while others will only be available overseas."
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

Good article. You can't tell me those taillights actually look good right?

124whp/129wtq
The Focus needs an ecoboost option. GM has the cobalt SS and dodge HAD the SRT-4 caliber, not to mention the GTI and 2.0L Genesis (possible close-ish price range of the new focus). Everything else Ford is coming out with has the ecoboost option so why should this be any different? The only issue i can see is a hatch having close to the same power as the new V6 stang with 300 HP lol
Are the headlights and mirrors different depending on model? Or have they not agreed to what we will really get?

[Image: 416_motorshows_reveal2_lowres.jpg]
[Image: 293_frontexterior_focus06_lowres.jpg]
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
I believe the 2nd pic you posted is not an actual picture.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

SL8RZZX3,Jan 13 2010, 01:58 PM Wrote:I'm really glad i bought my stang now.....

No 3 door hatch? seriously? SO glad i didn't wait for this.... FAIL
[right][snapback]299494[/snapback][/right]
You'll be back.......once the whole line, is out, with the coupe, ragtop, etc. Altough there are some elements to the design I don't like, I think we can look forward to some pretty awesome aftermarket modifications. More importantly, the mechanical items have been upgraded, disc brakes all round, an updated suspension, which is loower than the previous model. One thing we all seem to forget, is this is a Ford, not a f#$%in GM Cobalt/Cruze or Dodge, which means it's a much better overall driving experience. As I was told during the summer, my ten year old Ford drives better than a much newer Dodge or GM product.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
tetra,Jan 13 2010, 02:48 PM Wrote:I think it's hideous..

This coming from a guy who owns a 2009... :rolleyes: Just kidding. :D

To each their own, I always say. The 2008-2010 are growing on me. I'm loving the new 2011 though. I'll take my sedan in silver... :D
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
reldridge,Jan 14 2010, 09:14 AM Wrote:
tetra,Jan 13 2010, 02:48 PM Wrote:I think it's hideous..

This coming from a guy who owns a 2009... :rolleyes: Just kidding. :D

To each their own, I always say. The 2008-2010 are growing on me. I'm loving the new 2011 though. I'll take my sedan in silver... :D
[right][snapback]299580[/snapback][/right]

Blasphemy!!! lol

124whp/129wtq
tetra,Jan 13 2010, 03:01 PM Wrote:Something other than that. I think they had a great opportunity here to redesign the Focus and really make it spectacular. Mind you like I said, the interior is amazing. I really like the futuristic changes. But the exterior, I think they plundered on that front.
I won't judge it completely until I see it in person, but for now that is my stance on it.
[right][snapback]299510[/snapback][/right]

Keep in mind those Live pics from detroit are the production model, and that new front end has to look more rounded because of the New 2012 EU rules for all cars sold in Europe have to be more pedestrian friendly, as if a new car were to hit one, it's so they are not killed from the sharp angles and what not like older cars or SUVs.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
For those that hate it, use the search button on this forum.

If I had a dime for everyone that hates "the new model" it would be a good downpayment on a new one.

The '00-'04 owners hated the '05s when they came out.
And almost EVERYONE hated the '08s (and I'm still not a big fan).

This one is head and shoulders over all of our Foci -- in handling, drivetrain and interior, this is what we should have got in '08.

You do realize that this puts out as much as the SVT did out of the box and gets better gas mileage, right?
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2012 focus rust (bought brand new dec. 2012) powermax 11 5,077 08-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Scorcher000