Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping Via Usps Vs Ups
Hey need some advice here.

If my exhaust system is shipped via UPS from the states, i know brokerage fees are a lot. My question is, how much better is shipping via USPS from the states?
What sort of extra fees/charges could i expect? I'm assuming USPS will be much better than UPS.

Please share any experiences you had when receiving large order via USPS from the US vs. UPS

Be the change you want to see in this world.
I've never ordered anything physically big from the states, except for a baseball bat that I got delivered by usps.
Total cost in customs/duty = 0$
This was a 100$ us item.
Oh, I got a stress bar delivered via ups from us, but was 50$ worth, and wrote gift, so no duties again.

Expect atleast 2 weeks for usps.
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
i believe (not sure tho) that it is a lot more expensive to use UPS because the broker fee is a lot higher.

if you can get it shipped to a buddy in the US, get the part put on your car at a local shop and drive home with the part on the car
Sometimes you can get charged for customs fees or for excess shipping fees if the shipper doesn't include them. Otherwise, USPS is the best way to ship from the US to Canada.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
I had my springs shipped ups and it cost about 55 dollars in extra costs. The weighed enough but no too big of a box 2' x 3' box about. Ship usps takes longer but costs less.
[Image: style2,duratec-spc-power.png]
USPS takes longer but no brokerage fees-expect to pay GST on the declared value though.