Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Wagon Questions
Wondering if you could help me decipher model names vs. engine size. It seems like I've found a lot of conflicting information regarding the Wagon on the internet. A lot of sites state that the 2.0L SPI was only available in the 2000 Focus Wagon and that the 2.0L ZETEC became the base engine for ALL wagons in 2001. Other sites say different things - that the 2.0L ZETEC was an optional engine (came with the sport package) all the way up to 2004 - non-sport package equipped cars came with the SPI. They also state that if a car has wheel covers it has the SPI and if it has alloys it has the ZETEC. Can you help me shed some light on this? I've been browsing autotrader.ca and when it states engine size many ads only say "2.0L" which doesn't help me at all.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Steve
1999 ZX2| MX3 H&Rs | S/R Tokicos | 21mm RSB | ES Bushings | HotShot CAI | Knocker mod | MSD Coil & 8.5mm Wires | SCT | B&M SS | SpeedHut Gauges | 16" BSA 303s

Coming soon: FR UDP | Pacesetter Shorty Header

Less is more... "Simplify and add lightness"

Click Here to E-mail Me!

Click here for my eBay auctions
look for the alloys, alloys = Zetec at least for 2000-2004

if you narrow your search down to 2002-2004 i think you will get better results, i know when i was looking there were way more 5spd in those years on trader.ca
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
also look for foglights, that was only available on Zetecs unless they did the switch like a few here
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Sep 15 2007, 05:14 PM Wrote:also look for foglights, that was only available on Zetecs unless they did the switch like a few here
[right][snapback]248835[/snapback][/right]

Not on the wagons, fogs were still an option for some odd reason.....
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mk...&ADS=6415613%7C

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mk...&ADS=6401382%7C

here is 2 with the options you want.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I think your best bet is to contact them and ask if the engine says Zetec on it or not. Most SE's have that option of Zetec on them also the 5 spoke rims seemed to have the Zetec.

I was browsing thru trader and came with the two above for ya. ALso lot of dealers call it
Ztec
Ztech
I guess anything with Z is good :)
All i know is that Zetec engines are dirt cheap at wreckers, so if you find a cheap SW with high millage might not be a bad idea and when the engine goes you can just pay 350$ and get a new engine in there.

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Wow, this has been super helpful... thanks also to ZTWsquared for the incredibly succinct and informative PM. This has honestly been the best local webforum I have ever been on...
Steve
1999 ZX2| MX3 H&Rs | S/R Tokicos | 21mm RSB | ES Bushings | HotShot CAI | Knocker mod | MSD Coil & 8.5mm Wires | SCT | B&M SS | SpeedHut Gauges | 16" BSA 303s

Coming soon: FR UDP | Pacesetter Shorty Header

Less is more... "Simplify and add lightness"

Click Here to E-mail Me!

Click here for my eBay auctions
There are 2 Black on Black Leather ZTW's with 5spd's for sale in my area. One of them is at Edwards Mazda, and it's been there a little while, so they'd maybe wanna drop the price to clear it from their inventory. I think there is a 2nd one in Ottawa too, I think it's at Donnelly Ford...

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Couple Newbie Questions... lowblackdub 8 2,608 05-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Last Post: SL8RZZX3