Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meguiars Hot Rims
Well today after weeks of neglect I took it upon myself to wash my ride. While I am happy with the Mr Clean auto-dry system I needed a god rim cleaner to get off all of the brake dust. Wow was I ever impressed with the Hot Rims!!! The rear wheels were so simple spray it let it soak and wash...finished. The fronts were a little more stubborn but the only extra step was wiping the rim down after the wash. The only downfall was it takes alot of product to clean the rims, you'll probably get 4-5 uses out off one bottle ($11) But man does it ever work good. Oh ya its safe for all rim types too. :D
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
After years of expensive purchases for cleaning products for my ride, I have to say that purchasing a rim cleaner is extremely costly for such little affect it has imo. Right now all I do is use my Meguiars Gold Class car wash soap to wash the wheels, after the car is washed I use a separate mitt used only for the wheels with the remaining suds and it works wonderfully. The odd time I will spray on Michelin Brake Dust Repellent after cleaning them, and that combination works just as good (and much cheaper)! But I too at one time loved this rim cleaner for my chrome wheels I had on my truck, worked wonders making larger wheels much easier to wipe clean!

[Image: IMG_0153.jpg]
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
will agree with you...meguiars hot rims is a wicked product...will not use anything else other than meguiars because all their other products are like that i find....but you are right, does take quite of bit of product
Want to make it easier? Next time you wax, put a little wax on the wheels too. Nothing special, just a cleaner wax or a sealant (Mother's, Meg's, NXT, etc.).

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost