Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Office?
Just wondering if any of you out there have tried the Open Office software that is out there now, and how you would compare it to something like Microsoft Office. Is it worth the 179$ to buy Microsoft Office, or should I just try the free OpenOffice version?
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
OpenOffice is pretty decent, it mostly works like Office. Though I've experienced some issues with file/version compatibility. Opening some word documents look wrong, though most stuff appears right in Word.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
i don't even know what's "buying" software is :):)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I'll recommend OpenOffice wholeheartedly. It's a great suite, easy to use and it has this miraculous knack of opening older MS Office files than Office 2007 can.

I use it at home exclusively for budget and pension tracking spreadsheets, as well as for crafting car show flyers and the odd presentation. I plan on using it for a very important presentation over the winter and through the spring ;)

Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Only caveat, have at least 1GB of memory because I found Open Office sluggish on only 512MB of RAM...

Having said that, I broke down & bought MS Office 2003 at the time because there were some file compatibility issues with work files that I was too lazy to chase down

NefCanuck