Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cellphones What To Get .. Clueless
Well im due to get a new cellphone contract and im clueless as what to get .. there is so many models now with all types of gadgets and I dont understand any of it !

Ive been looking at the Lg Chocholate and the Lg Chocolate flip phone . also been looking into the Krzr altho that itself has like 5 diff models lol . k1m krzr ? some with 2mp camera instead of 1.3 ... its a tough choice to make . lol any help ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
I've got a Motorola RAZR V3t. Love it, good mp3 playback, and not that expensive anymore.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Are you looking to get another "plan" or a "pay as u go"?
I love my solo 3100 "pay as I go".
Well, to be truthfull, i barely us it. I keep it fr emergencies and I like using the 10-4 feature from time to time.
The lg chocolat is a full featured phone. My buddy has one and can not part without it.
I find that the RAZR feels kinda fragile 9I'm it's not) but its just it felt when I tried one.
Its a personal choice realy, and it mostly depends on the options you wanna have... and be ready to pay for them :)
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
I have the cheapest POS Nokia for the PAYG offerings, got it free as a replacement for my Nokia 2190 brick that was no longer usable when they cut off the old analog/digital feeds a couple of months ago.

The navigation sucks, it's too easy to go to the Internet when clearing extra numbers from the display (when entering phone extensions or PAYG codes) when you're done a call and the call volume (hearing someone talking) SUCKS. :angry:

This is why I abhor cellphones - they're so damn frustrating. :angry:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
oh don;t get the chocolate please please please..
it looks cool but touch pad is wayyyy to sensitive..
i am thinking to get rid of my chocolate phone..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
between the krzr and chocholate I think guys ,,, my sister got chocholate flip and she loves it.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
i bought my girlfriend the chocolate. it looks awesome, but i would have bought a different phone for her after i discovered some inconveniences. internal memory is very small and i could only fit about 18 songs on it and they take very long to transfer via the computer. this is the only issue i have with this phone.
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
they now come with a sd card ... lol
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 4 2007, 08:23 AM Wrote:I've got a Motorola RAZR V3t.  Love it, good mp3 playback, and not that expensive anymore.
[right][snapback]245723[/snapback][/right]

I agree, have it, it works good.... Front display has a glass cover though...... broke that 2 weeks in lol

The 2MP camera really wont be any better then the 1.3. Still looks like a pic off a cell phone.

AND as a plug the moto phones come with a very user friendly OS on the phone. They havnt changed it in like 6 years and lots of other brands has copied it.
2000 ZX3
The balckberry pearl would be a good choice if you do a lot of text messaging, listening to MP3's, e-mailing, web surfing, and it has a camera in it. they are really easy to use and you can get them in red or black now.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Your question of what to get depends entirely on the answer to another question; what do you plan on using it for?

My example;

I need/want to be in touch 24/7 across multiple email addresses. Therefore, I get a Pearl.

Frost's sister's example;

She has kids, and needs to stay in touch with them. Therefore, anything will suffice.

A few generalities though;

Motorola's interface is one of the worst, but their industrial design is pretty elegant of late. Samsung has killer interfaces, but the industrial design isn't as great.
DON'T get the Chocolate, Rogers just discontinued it after all the problems they've had with flex cables going, but Telus still considers it their Flagship phone which made me laugh. Bell got different colours chocolates. But if you are going to get the chocolate, I suggest you buy the White Chocolate, The flex cables were Re-called and re-designed so the screens dont have any more problems but this is only if you buy a white one. I highly and i mean HIGHLY recommend the Motorola KRZR K1. I am certified by Motorola for that phone, and know EVERYTHING about it. The phone is ROCK SOLID compared to the original V3 Razr. The only thing you may need is a software upgrade on your KRZR if you have any issues with it. Another solid phone is the Nokia 6300, by far its classy, but if battery life is a concern to you, then go for the nokia E62, i was selling one on here too for a while, its a black berry packaged into a nokia symbian phone, has great battery/signal, and its a business class phone.

Stay away from LG, Siemens. The SonyEricsson Z550 is also a good reliable entry level handset, so is the W810i, the K510, but stay away from the W300i (black/white) and the W/Z710i.
My other ride is your Mom
Quote:Motorola's interface is one of the worst, but their industrial design is pretty elegant of late. Samsung has killer interfaces, but the industrial design isn't as great.

I have not and will never buy an LG phone. I dont care what the brown phone does lol
2000 ZX3
motorola is moving to Java Linux OS. Which means an improved and highly customizable interface. I was one of the few lucky ones to Beta Test the New Motorola RAZR 2 V8 and V9 phones, which Rogers may end up picking up. Sweet interface. I like Samsungs a lot too, but their interface needs a big overall.
Mason,Aug 4 2007, 06:03 PM Wrote:
Quote:Motorola's interface is one of the worst, but their industrial design is pretty elegant of late. Samsung has killer interfaces, but the industrial design isn't as great.

I have not and will never buy an LG phone. I dont care what the brown phone does lol
[right][snapback]245748[/snapback][/right]
Brown's a rather questionable colour too ;)
I've never been impressed by their design either...

I didn't know we (Rogers) discontinued the LG... guess we did though.
paolo,Aug 4 2007, 06:23 PM Wrote:motorola is moving to Java Linux OS. Which means an improved and highly customizable interface. I was one of the few lucky ones to Beta Test the New Motorola RAZR 2 V8 and V9 phones, which Rogers may end up picking up.  Sweet interface.  I like Samsungs a lot too, but their interface needs a big overall.
[right][snapback]245751[/snapback][/right]

Would you like some pitchfork with that? :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
its black not brown lol , thats weird that you say that because I went to like 5 rogers stores and they said they were all gone but are suppose to get new orders ... maybe they fixed the problem I dunno ... I dont even think rogers sells the chocolate flip phone ...
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Aug 5 2007, 06:05 AM Wrote:its black not brown lol , thats weird that you say that because I went to like 5 rogers stores and they said they were all gone but are suppose to get new orders ... maybe they fixed the problem I dunno ... I dont even think rogers sells the chocolate flip phone ...
[right][snapback]245769[/snapback][/right]

I'd like to see where they get their new orders from. Stock is depleted at the AMG Warehouse and will not be renewed.. So unless This was an Authorized Dealer instead, and have a stock pile somewhere else, then thats why.

The chocolate Flip was not released onto GSM, therefor, you will NEVER see it on Rogers/Fido/AT&T/Tmobile

Motorola V8 / V9 rules!!
I think that when I get a new handset, I'm going to get a blackberry...my gf has one, and my previous gf had one...very user friendly, very reliable, and built tougher than standard phones.

The super high techie stuff doesn't mean squat in rural areas like where I live...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rip Analog Cellphones paolo 29 6,741 02-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Last Post: paolo