Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People Attending Bbq....
Yeah, but when it comes to "fawk off" ... who's better than Meford ... nooooooobody.

I know Sylvester exists because I've sat in his car and talked to him ... I even have pictures.

The fact that you don't know him, and your boss denies any knowledge of him, actually gives me some hope about the state of affairs at OAC (or is it OTP) ...

anyway ... management and responsible union types have obviously identified Sylvester as someone to protect and keep away from unsavoury influences.

And to that point - I've fixed your sentence below.

meford4u,Aug 4 2007, 02:04 AM Wrote:I just know fawk off.

Oh, and I checked with my boss.  No Sly or tweety bird.  But I guess that makes sense because there are no polite people at Ford who are allowed to interact with me.

ZTWsquared,Aug 3 2007, 07:15 PM Wrote:It is for all members ... and in case there was any question about it ... for me this has all been in good fun.

However, I do think there are a couple of points to be made here:

1. I jacked this thread asking Meford a question about a colleague. Subsequent to that the author of this thread explicitly encouraged the off-topic repartee to continue.

2. Participation is one thing ... complaining about it with the intention of trying to limit or restrict the expression of others is something different.

You might want to re-read the comments and picture two big (and older than you) guys laughing heartily while saying the words - we might even re-create it at the BBQ.

Look forward to meeting you there.

oldeguy,Aug 3 2007, 06:27 PM Wrote:I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion for all members, not just the "mods"
[right][snapback]245697[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]245699[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]245710[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
NefCanuck,Aug 3 2007, 03:33 PM Wrote:Always interesting to watch two cough senior members go at it with the written word as their weapon of choice.
[right][snapback]245665[/snapback][/right]
Personally, I think them going at each other with Nerf bats would be more entertaining to watch. :lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Geeze. Should be an interesting BBQ this year lol
:P
2000 ZX3
Mason,Aug 4 2007, 04:26 PM Wrote:Geeze. Should be an interesting BBQ this year lol
[right][snapback]245740[/snapback][/right]

hopefully the curbs dont need to be scared this year!!!! :lol: :P
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Aug 4 2007, 06:07 PM Wrote:
Mason,Aug 4 2007, 04:26 PM Wrote:Geeze. Should be an interesting BBQ this year lol
[right][snapback]245740[/snapback][/right]

hopefully the curbs dont need to be scared this year!!!! :lol: :P
[right][snapback]245749[/snapback][/right]

We will see. :lol:
Stupid tall Curbs.
2000 ZX3
yeah,so?
ZTWsquared,Aug 4 2007, 07:39 AM Wrote:Yeah, but when it comes to "fawk off" ... who's better than Meford ... nooooooobody.

I know Sylvester exists because I've sat in his car and talked to him ... I even have pictures.

The fact that you don't know him, and your boss denies any knowledge of him, actually gives me some hope about the state of affairs at OAC (or is it OTP) ...

anyway ... management and responsible union types have obviously identified Sylvester as someone to protect and keep away from unsavoury influences.

And to that point - I've fixed your sentence below.

meford4u,Aug 4 2007, 02:04 AM Wrote:I just know fawk off.

Oh, and I checked with my boss.  No Sly or tweety bird.  But I guess that makes sense because there are no polite people at Ford who are allowed to interact with me.
ZTWsquared,Aug 3 2007, 07:15 PM Wrote:It is for all members ... and in case there was any question about it ... for me this has all been in good fun.

However, I do think there are a couple of points to be made here:

1. I jacked this thread asking Meford a question about a colleague. Subsequent to that the author of this thread explicitly encouraged the off-topic repartee to continue.

2. Participation is one thing ... complaining about it with the intention of trying to limit or restrict the expression of others is something different.

You might want to re-read the comments and picture two big (and older than you) guys laughing heartily while saying the words - we might even re-create it at the BBQ.

Look forward to meeting you there.

oldeguy,Aug 3 2007, 06:27 PM Wrote:I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion for all members, not just the "mods"
[right][snapback]245697[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]245699[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]245710[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]245717[/snapback][/right]
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
OAC_Sparky,Aug 4 2007, 07:10 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Aug 3 2007, 03:33 PM Wrote:Always interesting to watch two cough senior members go at it with the written word as their weapon of choice.
Personally, I think them going at each other with Nerf bats would be more entertaining to watch. :lol:
[right][snapback]245722[/snapback][/right]

Okay, what say we go in 50-50 on a pair of Nerf bats and let them at each other on Saturday? I'm sure there's a Wal-Mart near the school to grab 'em from... :lol:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Aug 5 2007, 09:21 PM Wrote:

Okay, what say we go in 50-50 on a pair of Nerf bats and let them at each other on Saturday? I'm sure there's a Wal-Mart near the school to grab 'em from... :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]245807[/snapback][/right]

I'm SO bringing the video camera this year, and perhaps DVD authoring will only take me a week or two. :rolleyes:

Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 6 2007, 09:56 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Aug 5 2007, 09:21 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]245807[/snapback][/right]

I'm SO bringing the video camera this year, and perhaps DVD authoring will only take me a week or two. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]245834[/snapback][/right]

Only a week or two? :lol:
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I think this has played out it's course. :P

See you all at the BBQ.

PM me if you need anything!

a.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All People Attending Leafs Vs. Buffalo Game *att* torradan 14 3,614 03-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Last Post: ANTHONYD