Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People Attending Bbq....
*zing*

ZTWsquared,Aug 2 2007, 02:50 PM Wrote:Typing errors and bad grammar?! Fawk ... I have to take a drink before I come on here and start reading (no offense to anyone in particular) - and always a deep breath before opening up one of your posts (well, okay 1 in particular).

That's why I lurked for the first two years ... had to build up a tolerance to it - but I'm okay with it now.

And yeah ... golf would be good. Everybody loves inviting me to golf because I make the worst duffers look good. Don't know what it is ... just never got the hang of it ... and I've got a pretty thick skin about it now too, so bring your best zingers old man.

I'm also okay that I'm older than you for the one simple fact that I don't look older than you ... if I was still single you're the kinda guy I'd pick for my wingman; funny enough to keep the girls laughing, but with the kinda looks that would get me laid regularly.

Hope you had a nice nap. Go build some good cars for a change would ya?

meford4u,Aug 2 2007, 12:26 PM Wrote:Oldeguy........nice white cdan

Ken,  we should G2G with Matt and I will do a 2for1 beating at golf.  Just don't bring Anthony and his new driver.  I am not a glutten for punishment.  I told him about 2 weeks ago how well I was playing.  haven't played well since.  go figure. 
There are enough bad typing errors and grammar to keep you interested until I awake.
And don't kid yourself.  Your just slow cause your slow and old. 
Back to sleeping.................
[right][snapback]245487[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]245502[/snapback][/right]
Man, I don't know if I can keep reading this any longer.... I'm dying of laughter here !!!!

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
I build a nice car everyday. But you wouldn't know anything about a nice car. You drive a Focus for christsakes!
And a wingman I am not. Your dreaming there older than me guy. You may believe in miracles, but I brought up the sunshine with enough ladies to make my parents questioning my behavior and Gene Simmons giving the high five(okay, that's a bit of a stretch, but so is your wingman idea). Now back to reality. Were both happily married and your old.

ZTWsquared,Aug 2 2007, 02:50 PM Wrote:Typing errors and bad grammar?! Fawk ... I have to take a drink before I come on here and start reading (no offense to anyone in particular) - and always a deep breath before opening up one of your posts (well, okay 1 in particular).

That's why I lurked for the first two years ... had to build up a tolerance to it - but I'm okay with it now.

And yeah ... golf would be good. Everybody loves inviting me to golf because I make the worst duffers look good. Don't know what it is ... just never got the hang of it ... and I've got a pretty thick skin about it now too, so bring your best zingers old man.

I'm also okay that I'm older than you for the one simple fact that I don't look older than you ... if I was still single you're the kinda guy I'd pick for my wingman; funny enough to keep the girls laughing, but with the kinda looks that would get me laid regularly.

Hope you had a nice nap. Go build some good cars for a change would ya?

meford4u,Aug 2 2007, 12:26 PM Wrote:Oldeguy........nice white cdan

Ken,  we should G2G with Matt and I will do a 2for1 beating at golf.  Just don't bring Anthony and his new driver.  I am not a glutten for punishment.  I told him about 2 weeks ago how well I was playing.  haven't played well since.  go figure. 
There are enough bad typing errors and grammar to keep you interested until I awake.
And don't kid yourself.  Your just slow cause your slow and old. 
Back to sleeping.................
[right][snapback]245487[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]245502[/snapback][/right]
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
oldeguy,Aug 1 2007, 01:37 PM Wrote:I'll need the use of a barbeque, unless you know how to use a Zetec to cook B) One more rule maybe, no major repairs on School Property?
[right][snapback]245354[/snapback][/right]

I know how you use a Zetec to cook. You drive from london to the BBQ.
:P
2000 ZX3
Yeah ... actually looks like you guys might be getting the Edge right these days (even the paint) - I'll give ya that.

As for the rest of it ... it was a good use of 5 hours of your time ... nary a spelling or grammar mistake to be found (well, okay you forgot the apostrophe in "we're" but at least all the right letters are there and in the right order) - glad I was able to inspire you.

As for my Focus ... it's a Ford made by your union brothahs and sistahs ... are you telling them you don't think it's a nice car? Some solidarity ... harsh!

Yes I'm happily married (finally - three's the charm) ... but then again she's 20 years younger than me ... oriental ... very hot ... and happy to be the mother of my two beautiful kids. That's my reality and I tell ya ... I don't feel old at all.

BTW - that Gene Simmons line actually made me laugh out loud - too bad what happened to him, eh? I hope he's not some kind of hero to ya.

And finally where are you playing golf these days ... I think I'm still a member of that golf thing you forced us all to join last year - what's that get me?

meford4u,Aug 2 2007, 09:16 PM Wrote:I build a nice car everyday.  But you wouldn't know anything about a nice car.  You drive a Focus for christsakes!
And a wingman I am not.  Your dreaming there older than me guy.  You may believe in miracles, but I brought up the sunshine with enough ladies to make my parents questioning my behavior and Gene Simmons giving the high five(okay, that's a bit of a stretch, but so is your wingman idea).  Now back to reality.  Were both happily married and your old.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
My union brotha's and sisters. That's funny. And where was your Focus built? Mexico?

And what happened to Gene? He's not my hero but I love laughing at his quirky family and his unmarried wife. Boy, did she go downhill.

As for that golfing website I "made" you join. It's called Last Minute Golfer. And if you play enough golf (say 10+ times a year, or in my case 10+ times a month) you'll want to save a few bucks and play on discounted rates. The best part about LMG is the Florida golf. We, as Canadians get screwed playing golf in Florida because they charge us out of state green fews, typically 35-50% higher than a resident pays. Not on LMG. I get a discount off the fees that residents of Florida pay. And I get to use all the yardage I earn up here during the year at par down there for free golf(kinda like airmiles). So when I went on my golf trip this year, I flew free(air miles), played golf for free(except once) stayed in a house for free(friends, I do have them) and it cost me food and fun times!
So that golf website I made you join? You should play more golf and look into it.

And where I whack my balls and stick it in the cup is none of your business! :lol:
ZTWsquared,Aug 2 2007, 09:54 PM Wrote:Yeah ... actually looks like you guys might be getting the Edge right these days (even the paint) - I'll give ya that.

As for the rest of it ... it was a good use of 5 hours of your time ... nary a spelling or grammar mistake to be found (well, okay you forgot the apostrophe in "we're" but at least all the right letters are there and in the right order) - glad I was able to inspire you.

As for my Focus ... it's a Ford made by your union brothahs and sistahs ... are you telling them you don't think it's a nice car? Some solidarity ... harsh!

Yes I'm happily married (finally - three's the charm) ... but then again she's 20 years younger than me ... oriental ... very hot ... and happy to be the mother of my two beautiful kids.  That's my reality and I tell ya ... I don't feel old at all.

BTW - that Gene Simmons line actually made me laugh out loud - too bad what happened to him, eh? I hope he's not some kind of hero to ya.

And finally where are you playing golf these days ... I think I'm still a member of that golf thing you forced us all to join last year - what's that get me?

meford4u,Aug 2 2007, 09:16 PM Wrote:I build a nice car everyday.  But you wouldn't know anything about a nice car.  You drive a Focus for christsakes!
And a wingman I am not.  Your dreaming there older than me guy.  You may believe in miracles, but I brought up the sunshine with enough ladies to make my parents questioning my behavior and Gene Simmons giving the high five(okay, that's a bit of a stretch, but so is your wingman idea).  Now back to reality.  Were both happily married and your old.
[right][snapback]245551[/snapback][/right]

Although I find the discussions between a few of us in this thread amusing, and somewhat sad, maybe they should be moved to another thread?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Aug 3 2007, 08:13 AM Wrote:Although I find the discussions between a few of us in this thread amusing, and somewhat sad, maybe they should be moved to another thread?
[right][snapback]245578[/snapback][/right]
See this is why I don't post. Wan wan fawkin wan.

The newbs win. I aint posting for a while again.

There goes my morning coffee entertainment!

You guys slaughter me lately!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
It's fine... post away in here fellas.

Anyone who needs a laugh, please read on.
meford4u,Aug 3 2007, 08:27 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Aug 3 2007, 08:13 AM Wrote:Although I find the discussions between a few of us in this thread amusing, and somewhat sad, maybe they should be moved to another thread?

[right][snapback]245582[/snapback][/right]
I'm just saying that this is the wrong thread to get into the discussions that are occurring. I, like a lot of others enjoy the conversations that take place by some of us, myself included. The sadness is in seeing that some people don't appreciate the Focus as a fun little go-kart. I know it isn't a big huge fire breathing Torino, but. each to it's own. I will miss your two cents worth, and hope to see you at the BBQ
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Aug 3 2007, 09:08 AM Wrote:

I'm just saying that this is the wrong thread to get into the discussions that are occurring. I, like a lot of others enjoy the conversations that take place by some of us, myself included. The sadness is in seeing that some people don't appreciate the Focus as a fun little go-kart. I know it isn't a big huge fire breathing Torino, but. each to it's own. I will miss your two cents worth, and hope to see you at the BBQ
[right][snapback]245589[/snapback][/right]
Are you a mod on this board?

No.

Then quit backpeddling and let the mods do their job. They were participating in this little discussion, and if you didn't realize Ken is a mod, and if anybody felt this was inappropriate, he and I are adult enough to realize when to cut things short.

IE..........We don't need you here. So stay out of the conversation.

I dunno, this is great stuff to take my mind off of things personally speaking ;)

Always interesting to watch two cough senior members go at it with the written word as their weapon of choice.

NefCanuck
I don't know what i'd do at work if i didn't have this to read. Maybe get work done, but honestly who wants to do that on a friday afternoon.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

meford4u,Aug 3 2007, 03:22 PM Wrote:They were participating in this little discussion.
[right][snapback]245663[/snapback][/right]

Well, given your recent success, you're qualified to make that statement... now. :P
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
A little off track/back on subject... I'll use the bbq as well. Thanks Anthony.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
meford4u,Aug 3 2007, 03:22 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Aug 3 2007, 09:08 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]245589[/snapback][/right]
Are you a mod on this board?

No.

Then quit backpeddling and let the mods do their job. They were participating in this little discussion, and if you didn't realize Ken is a mod, and if anybody felt this was inappropriate, he and I are adult enough to realize when to cut things short.

IE..........We don't need you here. So stay out of the conversation.
I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion for all members, not just the "mods"
K&N Filter.....
It is for all members ... and in case there was any question about it ... for me this has all been in good fun.

However, I do think there are a couple of points to be made here:

1. I jacked this thread asking Meford a question about a colleague. Subsequent to that the author of this thread explicitly encouraged the off-topic repartee to continue.

2. Participation is one thing ... complaining about it with the intention of trying to limit or restrict the expression of others is something different.

You might want to re-read the comments and picture two big (and older than you) guys laughing heartily while saying the words - we might even re-create it at the BBQ.

Look forward to meeting you there.

oldeguy,Aug 3 2007, 06:27 PM Wrote:I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion for all members, not just the "mods"
[right][snapback]245697[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Damn your good.

I just know fawk off.

Oh, and I checked with my boss. No Sly or tweety bird. You and your imaginary friend enjoy each other.
He had to be imaginary. There are no polite people at Ford.

ZTWsquared,Aug 3 2007, 07:15 PM Wrote:It is for all members ... and in case there was any question about it ... for me this has all been in good fun.

However, I do think there are a couple of points to be made here:

1. I jacked this thread asking Meford a question about a colleague. Subsequent to that the author of this thread explicitly encouraged the off-topic repartee to continue.

2. Participation is one thing ... complaining about it with the intention of trying to limit or restrict the expression of others is something different.

You might want to re-read the comments and picture two big (and older than you) guys laughing heartily while saying the words - we might even re-create it at the BBQ.

Look forward to meeting you there.

oldeguy,Aug 3 2007, 06:27 PM Wrote:I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion for all members, not just the "mods"
[right][snapback]245697[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]245699[/snapback][/right]

NOS2Go4Me,Aug 3 2007, 03:51 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Aug 3 2007, 03:22 PM Wrote:They were participating in this little discussion.

Well, given your recent success, you're qualified to make that statement... now. :P
[right][snapback]245673[/snapback][/right]
Hey, you fawk off too. :blink:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All People Attending Leafs Vs. Buffalo Game *att* torradan 14 3,622 03-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Last Post: ANTHONYD