Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was The Svt Eap Available In Canada?
If so, are they really rare?
Also Would it be hard to import one from Michigan or Texas (I'd prefer the one in Texas as it wouldn't have seen any snow)?
castone,Jan 2 2010, 09:58 AM Wrote:If so, are they really rare?
Also Would it be hard to import one from Michigan or Texas (I'd prefer the one in Texas as it wouldn't have seen any snow)?
[right][snapback]299043[/snapback][/right]

I don't think they were offered in Canada due to the HID headlights ( i don't think they were designed to work with DRL)
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
US only. There wasn't enough SVT demand in Canada, and a much smaller dealer network to push the cars.

I guess you'll have to head to Arizona and find a nice, clean, rust free one... :)
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
reldridge,Jan 2 2010, 11:51 PM Wrote:US only. There wasn't enough SVT demand in Canada, and a much smaller dealer network to push the cars.

I guess you'll have to head to Arizona and find a nice, clean, rust free one... :)
[right][snapback]299054[/snapback][/right]

just make sure it's never been in a flood / hurricane either, or has been or was branded a salvage car. for sure if your importing a car from the us, make sure you get every detail about it checked out including service history across all 51 states, as the last thing you'd want is a cloned car that was stolen and then sold to you or worse.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Jan 3 2010, 05:47 AM Wrote:
reldridge,Jan 2 2010, 11:51 PM Wrote:US only. There wasn't enough SVT demand in Canada, and a much smaller dealer network to push the cars.

[right][snapback]299054[/snapback][/right]

just make sure it's never been in a flood / hurricane either, or has been or was branded a salvage car. for sure if your importing a car from the us, make sure you get every detail about it checked out including service history across all 51 states, as the last thing you'd want is a cloned car that was stolen and then sold to you or worse.
[right][snapback]299056[/snapback][/right]

I saw one in Newark New Jersey (Auto theft capital of the world) and one in Texas, the first thing I thought about was it stolen, re-badged and resold or flooded in a southern hurricane lol.

There is one in Sterling Heights, Michigan at a Ford dealership right now I am contemplating looking into.
I figure the Ford dealership would be the safest bet so I could get all the vehicles service and history reports.

As for the DRL I can swap the headlights with an older model (Like the 2000 I have in my driveway) and install the day times for a safety.
Ok, so I got the carfax report on the one from Sterling Heights Michigan.
It's had one owner who bought from new, no accidents, no claims and no recalls.
Now I need to get the vehicle service report from Ford.

Now I have to figure if I want it 100%

The next step would be to find out if the dealership will help me import or if I am just going to have to buy it and deal with the border 72 hours after bill of sale.

Fingers crossed

Here's some pics of it

[Image: BlackEAP01.jpg]
[Image: BlackEAP02.jpg]
[Image: BlackEAP03.jpg]
[Image: BlackEAP05.jpg]
[Image: BlackEAP09.jpg]

Import it yourself. The dealer will charge you extra nonsense fees. Just follow http://www.riv.ca

Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
With the state of the industry south of the border, you might be able to convince the dealer to help you with the importation for no extra charge - make sure you ask after negotiating your price.

Nice looking car - how many miles?

Just a quick question ... I thought the HIDs came with integral turn signals and a special Euro-type grille that had no lights ... if so, and this one does have the turn signals in the grille in addition to the ones in the HIDs ... you could simply turn the lights in your grill into the DRLs and retain the HIDs.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
^^^ I was thinking the same thing Ken, or atleast getting some price cuts to help with the import.

There asking $7995US with 77000 Miles and there is one on autotrader.ca for $8477CA with 115000 kms which with this exchange rate is the same price.

I know I would be pretty much just paying the extra money for the interior, but I really don't like the red or blue inserts on the regular svt.

As for the turn signals in the grill smart thinking.
I found this on focaljet about the lights.

"The upper grille on ALL SVT Focus' was a honey comb style AND the lamps built into it did NOT flash if the HIDS were equipped from the factory. The HIDs have their own turn signal lamps built into them as you can see by the pic above. As a result the upper grille lights on the HID SVTs are JUST running/parking lights. They do not flash with the turn signals. If you have a cut wire up there I would be suspicious about whether you have a real SVT or not. But, most likely, you have a 2003 SVT that did not come from the factory with HIDs and someone tried to do a retrofit....poorly I might add. This can be verified by the VIN number. There is no need to cut any wire on the upper grille lamp harnesses unless that harness and fusebox came from a non HID SVT. Even then it sounds like they cut the wrong wire. The flasher in the HIDs should blink....not the one in the grille."

So I could just have them wired up to run as day times.
Nice car.

I've seen an orange one driving around Burlington for a while now. Has Michigan plates but the only reason I notice it is because of the orange, which wasn't available up here.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
castone,Jan 3 2010, 09:59 AM Wrote:As for the DRL I can swap the headlights with an older model (Like the 2000 I have in my driveway) and install the day times for a safety.
[right][snapback]299063[/snapback][/right]

Just do the DRL-foglight mod and you should be good to go
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
nice seats.. :D :D :D
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
My fav Focus Seats other than the RS Sparco's. It would deffenetly be a nice purchase.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Don't worry about DRL. I brought mine over from the states and I took it to Canadian Tire and they wired the parking lights from the grille as DRL. It cost me $160.
The reason I did it this way was because I thought in Canada the headlights need to run as DRL and I did not know at the time that parking lights are accepted. If I would have know I would have done the fog lights mod which costs $10 :angry:
Too late now :(
Anyway, the import process is very simple and intuitive. Definitely worth it. The Focus does not require any other mods.
Make sure you fax the title to the US customs at the point of entry that you will use with at least 72 hours ahead so they can stamp it.

SL8RZZX3,Jan 4 2010, 10:08 AM Wrote:[quote=castone,Jan 3 2010, 09:59 AM]
As for the DRL I can swap the headlights with an older model (Like the 2000 I have in my driveway) and install the day times for a safety.

2003 ZX-5 SVT CD-Silver 1939 out of 2173
castone,Jan 3 2010, 08:18 PM Wrote:Ok, so I got the carfax report on the one from Sterling Heights Michigan.
It's had one owner who bought from new, no accidents, no claims and no recalls.
Now I need to get the vehicle service report from Ford.

Now I have to figure if I want it 100%

The next step would be to find out if the dealership will help me import or if I am just going to have to buy it and deal with the border 72 hours after bill of sale.

Fingers crossed

Here's some pics of it

[Image: BlackEAP01.jpg]
[Image: BlackEAP02.jpg]
[Image: BlackEAP03.jpg]
[Image: BlackEAP05.jpg]
[Image: BlackEAP09.jpg]
[right][snapback]299083[/snapback][/right]
Daaamn ! That's a fine car right there ! Almost as fine as mine :D ... and with leather seats ! If you get your hands on it you MUST bring it to the track for a proper baptize . Very nice , good luck with the import , I know Benzin brought his over without problems .
Benzin,Jan 9 2010, 03:40 AM Wrote:Don't worry about DRL. I brought mine over from the states and I took it to Canadian Tire and they wired the parking lights from the grille as DRL. It cost me $160.
The reason I did it this way was because I thought in Canada the headlights need to run as DRL and I did not know at the time that parking lights are accepted. If I would have know I would have done the fog lights mod which costs $10 :angry:
Too late now :(
Anyway, the import process is very simple and intuitive. Definitely worth it. The Focus does not require any other mods.
Make sure you fax the title to the US customs at the point of entry that you will use with at least 72 hours ahead so they can stamp it.

SL8RZZX3,Jan 4 2010, 10:08 AM Wrote:[quote=castone,Jan 3 2010, 09:59 AM]
[right][snapback]299288[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the info!
I've done a lot of research about importing it, I'm now waiting on the dealership for the maintenance reports.

I am most likely doing the foglight mod if it's admissible it's looks a lot nicer :D