Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker Will They Fit ? 51/4 Round ?
Like it says I picked up some speakers 51/4 " round and they come with a mounting plate which seems universal .. will they fit in my doors of 2006 focus zx5 ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
you can easily make a mounting plate for them. I believe that the new focus had 6x8' speakers. So you use some 1/8' board for the mount, paint them black or whatever colour you want. Best way that I find to make them is to trace the outside of the stock speaker, cut it out with a jig saw and then cut out the centre for the new speaker.
'03 Focus SVT
before buy and cut any mdf to make spacers, double check the depth of speaker, roll down window, measure and see if speaker fits in there..

if you cannot fit it in, make a speaker pod..or get something shallow speakers..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
what kind of speakers are they?

I've had no problem with speakers hitting the window when it was down and I am currently running 6 1/2' Focals.
'03 Focus SVT
Should have plenty of room... 5x7/6x8 adapter to 5.25 should to work fine. The speaker would have to be pretty big to hit the window. Ive had mine apart lots. Very easy to get the door apart IMO.
2007 Screaming Yellow ZX3 5 Speed
the speaker is just over 2 inches deep and they came with a black abs plastic mounting plate. gonna try check it out later.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Jul 30 2007, 03:05 AM Wrote:the speaker is just over 2 inches deep and they came with a black abs plastic mounting plate. gonna try check it out later.
[right][snapback]245150[/snapback][/right]

You won't have a problem with that depth. I have 2.5 top mount depth and that is without an adapter plate.