Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
05 Mustang Gt Problems
My boss is having all sorts of problems with her mustang, and wanted to know if anybody here has heard of them since a few of you have the new mustang.

-Fuel pump needs to be replaced (she said the dealer is aware of problems affecting 05-06 models)
-Water coming in where the ECU is
-Windows not rolling up and down anymore (I suspect it has something to do with water getting in the ECU)

Any of the mustang guys hear of thes eproblems on the boards lately?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
hopefully she's lucky it will be under warentee, or a recall repair as those problems can be costly.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Jul 24 2007, 09:56 AM Wrote:hopefully she's lucky it will be under warentee, or a recall repair as those problems can be costly.
[right][snapback]244699[/snapback][/right]

05 with 21k, better be covered under warranty. there trying to get a whole new car right now.
I heard of one guy having a leak problem near that spot because of a gap in the sealer between the cowl and the firewall; as far as I know it was an isolated incident. I think they replaced the car. Make sure that they fix everything -- including checking for water damage/mold of the carpet.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Seems like these issues are affecting a lot of people.

05 mustang = 00 focus :P

forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=15105

forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=68024
So far my father's hasn't had any problems. His is on '06 GT.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
PM Ian (Drivesthebeast) - I know he's on a few Mustang forums. We were discussing Mustang stuff last week when I got his SVT rims off him.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i had a similar problem in my 1991 integra.. it was the trim between the outside of the hood and the windshield that needed to be resealed.. once water got into the interior the car was never really the same.. could never completely get the musty smell out.. i even yanked the entire carpet out of the car and cleaned it and the metal underneath..

she should definitely try to get a new car.. that's unacceptable and will just get worse with time

its the flagship model ford can't even get it right
naz,Jul 25 2007, 02:06 PM Wrote:its the flagship model ford can't even get it right
[right][snapback]244850[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, because we know that Camrys and Civics NEVER have any problems.

:rolleyes:
OAC_Sparky,Jul 27 2007, 03:02 PM Wrote:
naz,Jul 25 2007, 02:06 PM Wrote:its the flagship model ford can't even get it right

[right][snapback]244993[/snapback][/right]

they don't leak when brand new :ph34r:
naz,Jul 27 2007, 12:44 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Jul 27 2007, 03:02 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]244993[/snapback][/right]

they don't leak when brand new :ph34r:
[right][snapback]245004[/snapback][/right]
IIRC the civic was the most recalled car for 06.
naz,Jul 27 2007, 12:44 PM Wrote:they don't leak when brand new  :ph34r:
Wanna bet? My neighbour works for Toyota in Cambridge.
OAC_Sparky,Jul 27 2007, 05:35 PM Wrote:
naz,Jul 27 2007, 12:44 PM Wrote:they don't leak when brand new  :ph34r:
Wanna bet? My neighbour works for Toyota in Cambridge.
[right][snapback]245009[/snapback][/right]

and those suck too?

i guess its a good thing all of the vehicles i've owned are assembled in japan (except for my retarded '00 focus purchase). maybe that's why i only see leaks after 15yrs
Oooooo. Good shot.

I guess all that's left to do is make disparaging remarks about your lineage. :rolleyes:

I don't give a f*** what you drive. Hope it treats you well, because I guess being an asshole in life is punishment enough. ;)

Mustang Employee Forum
Should get some answers from this site.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
OAC_Sparky,Jul 27 2007, 09:10 PM Wrote:I guess being an asshole in life is punishment enough.  ;)
[right][snapback]245018[/snapback][/right]

?
THose cars have just as many problems, just people do not want to admit it, my friend bought a Civic in 98 the same time I got my cavalier and he was in the same as I was, and I had mine heavily modded which usually meant more issues. He use to always laugh at me for buying a chevy, or american car, but the funny thing was his rusted on the doors and around the wheels, my Cav no rust, just a bus that decided to make it a pancake.
Just my thoughts
David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
haha like my brother in law says hes and ex ford salesman and now hes the kia business manager honda and toyotas are so reliable ,,, hes actually told a guy " if you honestly believe honda and toyota is reliable , lets take a drive over to see if all there mechanics are sitting on there tool boxes drinking a pop" lol there may be problems with any car.

And the 05 mustang is bound to have issues its pretty much there test car since its the first year in production.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
here we go...

Quote:I've heard of the older models (05-06) getting water leaking into the area where the ecu is.. i THINK there is a tsb on it. see this thread.. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=68024

as for the fuel pump.. never heard of it.

here's a thread on TSB's for the 05-08 mustangs.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=15105
and quit the bitching guys. :rolleyes:

All cars are POS. :lol:

I've owned a lot of cars, enjoyed all of them. Most of my cars are reliable with some minor issues.

My firefly was solid until an ex GF decided to put the shops class bag of saw dust in my gas tank.

All my hondas rusted. Period, my CRX, and my current accord. The accord leaks very little oil. probably needs a new oil pan since that to is rusting out. Other than that it is solid, but I've maintained that vehicle according to the described schedule in the owners manual to the T (just like all my cars), Im do for another timing belt change next year, I just had it done last year. 30-40k anually on this car. :o

My VW Golf had minor electrical problems, other than that it was a solid car.

My Rx7 had a choke start. Enuff said. :ph34r:

The BMW needs some TLC, but nothing I cant handle and something I knew I would have to do with a 20 year old german car.

The focus has been very good for what I've done to it. Besides the numerous recalls that affected the 00 crowd the car has been solid. When it has failed on me, was because of mods Ive done to it (blowing up a motor, engine dying because of somebody knocking the fuel pump switch <_< , etc). That 1st engine was running on a mail order tune for over a year. It was a ruff tune, that engine saw boost spike as high as 15psi, and it was solid until the day I had it custom tuned where the only time I heard deto was because the tuner chaged the mail order tune. Im sure I could have ran that engine for another year or so on that mail order tune. And now...well...the car pushes out more than double the horse power and torque, the tranny takes it, the axles take it, suspension can handle it, the car is well balanced for it....I cant complain. This engine takes 9 psi daily, and I'll scramble to 12 once in a while. And the engine takes it, and doesnt complain, all the while Im getting 500-600km on a tank depending on how boost happy I am. :D The car always starts in the winter where it sits for 1-2 months at a time without being moved. Original battery to.

Now I see my Honda freinds...the guys doing engine swaps and stuff, and theyre constantly down. Either they messed up something or they dont have the right combo of parts, etc. Its funny because they all call ME for my tools so I know. LOL. "I need the engine hoist" or "We need the air compressors" or "we need your torque wrench"....haha.

"Guys, I know you love my taillights, just buy a focus and boost it for f*** sakes." :lol: :lol: