Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth Headunits
Ok for those of you that have a Bluetooth Head Unit, where did you place the mic? As it states above I have a Pioneer DEH-P7900BT and I want to install the mic to use the Bluetooth option and not get pulled over for using the phone while driving. I am thinking the "A" Pillar, but isn't that too close to the window and would pick up a lot of wind noise while the windows are open.

Any thoughts or experiences would be helpfull. Thanks in advance.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
just above the steering wheel console near the gauges would be a good spot, I did a bluetooth install job in a vw cabrio and I installed it there and the customer was happy.

Only probably your most likely to run into is running the wires so you don't see it
Garage16.ca
2003 Twilight Blue Focus SE
Stock for now...
Another option (but a lot more work, is attaching it to the rearview mirror (Where the mic is on the SYNC system) you could potentially run the wire from the rear of the unit, up the A-pillar to the mirror.

NefCanuck
I had mine installed on the steering column, worked great there. My friend also had the same head unit mic installed there in his Focus. (we both have the same head unit as you).
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
umm didn't know you post this here..
anyway, replied ur pm long ago..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks Leo, and everyone else. I will see what I can do at lunch today. The little clip for the mic fits nicely on the speedo bezzel although it does block a bit of the guages. I will play around and see where it works best.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I had mine clipped on the overhead console. I will look for pics.
I ran the wire past the glove box, up the passenger A pillar, tucked just under the roof liner by the windsheild and then into the OH console.
It worked well, no one over complained about the 'sound' of my handsfree.
I just got a JVC Aresenal KD-A805 Installed in my parents F-150 Supercrew for christmas, and it's got bluetooth. The installed the mic on the driver-side sunvisor, and ran the wire through the ceiling panel, and down under the A-pillar trim panel, and as far as I can tell, it works great.

I'll have to talk to my parents and find out how it works for them once they get a bluetooth capable cell phone...lol

I'm thinking of getting one of these units for my Escape too.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...