Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xm Sat Radio
I picked this up cuz it was so cheap ... what you guys think I know most prefer sirius but it was only 50 bucks and its really tiny ... im thinking it may even fit in place of one of my vents ... how do the vents pop off 05+ ?

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...Flyer_Tracking#

Or should I just return it ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
I have XM since 2002 and I'm pretty sure Sirius offers basicly the same stuff , if you're looking for talkshow in particular you may have to pick one but in my case I really love it , you can pick up the style of music you feel like listening at that particular moment and on either XM or Sirius and just cruise and listen to it instead to hear what FM has to offer neither to say they cut you off with advertising all the times.. :rolleyes:

But for that you have to pay montly is that doesn't bother you go ahead you'll love that XM thing.
Since I have a US account I can have it online too when XM came to Canada it was not available so I kept my US account.
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
cool cool , I got some kind of sure connect thing shows it connected to your regular antenna suppose to make the reception much better ... never heard of that before
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Since my radios are XM ready I'm using this kind of receiver in both of my cars :

[Image: 123050.jpg]

I do think the reception is better since it goes directly from the XM antenna to the digital receiver and back to the Pioneer head unit using a special cable.

These receiver are very inexpensive on Ebay ( around $50.00 ) but if you want to buy it new they go from $300.00 up to $600.00 according to my local stereo shop.
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

mine come with some kind of sureconnect that snaps to the antenna thats there to supposedly make it sound better but it sounds ok now so gonna leave it like it is without the sureconnect ...
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
The quality is lost when it has to go to your radio via FM chanel.

Martin !
...V8 RX7...

whenver I buy a new hu then ill hook it up like you .
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
I tihnk I may bring this one back to , its staticy and I hate that damn antenna it should be wireless lol this will be the second one going back so I guess I wont be buying another lol
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Should have went sirius... my reception is perfect mind you i haven't hacked off my antenna either...

Sirius has about 30 more channels and all licensed major league sports channels except baseball...

and siriuscanada you can listen online... which i'm doing now actually.

I love mine and would never return it. From the 10 minute drive to work to the 7 1/2 hour drive to Mount sainte anne qubec its totally awesome... the "blue collar comdey channel" is funny as all hell!
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback