Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Cutage
hey guys im having a little problem on my 2000 4dr saden when im driving and i floor it my engine feels like the fuel is cutting out but i just got my gas pump replace due to a recall and i also put fuel ingecter cleaner to see if it runs better but its still the same
Joey aka (Gold digger)
I take it you have the SPI in that car?

Change the fuel filter (if over 20,000KMs since the last change) and you might want to actually consider new injectors. How many KMs on the motor?

I almost forgot - :hi: to FocusCanada.net!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 22 2007, 11:52 PM Wrote:I take it you have the SPI in that car?

Change the fuel filter (if over 20,000KMs since the last change) and you might want to actually consider new injectors. How many KMs on the motor?

[right][snapback]244574[/snapback][/right]

Ive got 47,ooo kms 2.0 liter 12 valve
Joey aka (Gold digger)
GoldDigger,Jul 22 2007, 11:59 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 22 2007, 11:52 PM Wrote:I take it you have the SPI in that car?

[right][snapback]244574[/snapback][/right]

Ive got 47,ooo kms 2.0 liter 12 valve
[right][snapback]244576[/snapback][/right]

what is the spi?
Joey aka (Gold digger)
Welcome!!! B)

SPI is the Split Port Injection single overhead cam 12valve

Zetec is the Dual over head cam 16valve

those are the 2 engines offered in your model year

then there are also the SVT zetec, and the Duratec 2.0l and 2.3l that have been offered after 2002 in North America
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I had something like that in my old focus.... I traded it in before I fixed it. & welcome!
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
First of all, welcome to the best Focus site :lol:
Secondly, is your vehicle a manual or automatic?
Thirdly, I thought the SPI only had two valves per cylinder, which would mean 8 valves, not twelve.
Have you been through Bowmanville lately? Your car looks like one I saw last week.

If it's an automatic, it could just be the lack of response from the transmission and throttle.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Yes, the SPI is an 8-valve motor (1 intake and 1 exhaust valve per cylinder, split lobes on the single cam for each valve).

I'd still recommend the fuel filter, perhaps a coil (they crack due to age, mileage only matters if the roads are that rough for coils). I wouldn't suspect the spark plugs immediately but I WOULD recommend that you change the spark plug wires (again, age is a factor here).

Good luck!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 23 2007, 11:26 AM Wrote:Yes, the SPI is an 8-valve motor (1 intake and 1 exhaust valve per cylinder, split lobes on the single cam for each valve).

I'd still recommend the fuel filter, perhaps a coil (they crack due to age, mileage only matters if the roads are that rough for coils). I wouldn't suspect the spark plugs immediately but I WOULD recommend that you change the spark plug wires (again, age is a factor here).

Good luck!
[right][snapback]244604[/snapback][/right]
Age is a factor in sooo many things
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Jul 23 2007, 02:30 PM Wrote:First of all, welcome to the best Focus site :lol:
Thirdly, I thought the SPI only had two valves per cylinder, which would mean 8 valves, not twelve.
Have you been through Bowmanville lately? Your car looks like one I saw last week.

If it's an automatic, it could just be the lack of response from the transmission and throttle.
[right][snapback]244596[/snapback][/right]

automatic but after i finish paying it off i want to drop a T4 turbo on to a svt 5 speed motor and drop it in my saden and i got a cottage near petabrough i got up on weekends mabe u seen me on the 115 35 highway where u from
Joey aka (Gold digger)
GoldDigger,Jul 23 2007, 10:29 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Jul 23 2007, 02:30 PM Wrote:First of all, welcome to the best Focus site :lol:

[right][snapback]244596[/snapback][/right]

automatic but after i finish paying it off i want to drop a T4 turbo on to a svt 5 speed motor and drop it in my saden and i got a cottage near petabrough i got up on weekends mabe u seen me on the 115 35 highway where u from
[right][snapback]244662[/snapback][/right]
I'm in Bowmanville. I saw a Focus like yours with the tinted windows, an SE last Wednesday, going down one of the roads in Bowmanville by the Tim Horton's getting onto the 401 East bound. Mind you, I think it was a Standard
K&N Filter.....