Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"wood Grain"
My ZTS has the wonderful fake wood grain finish around the audio system and the trim on the doors. The rest of the interior is beige and all the usual black plastic. I'm looking at the wood grain thinking what could be done to it, other than buying a different Focus, to make the interior a little different, yet with some "taste". Any ideas?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
What colour is your interior and is it leather?

That trim piece on the door is quite rare because IIRC they deleted it on the ZTS/W beginning in '02 and it was never available on the other models. Except for that, all the other pieces should be readily available in other OEM finishes like grey, matt black, faux carbon fibre - probably others I can't think of off hand.

My wife's 01 ZTW had the tan leather and I frankly thought the faux wood looked rather nice despite its fake-ness.

Other than replacing them, painting them seems an obvious thing, so I assume you've already considered that option ... you might consider trimming them out with a contrasting leather ... or perhaps even replacing them with one of those real wood alternatives.

oldeguy,Jul 21 2007, 09:04 AM Wrote:My ZTS has the wonderful fake wood grain finish around the audio system and the trim on the doors. The rest of the interior is beige and all the usual black plastic. I'm looking at the wood grain thinking what could be done to it, other than buying a different Focus, to make the interior a little different, yet with some "taste". Any ideas?
[right][snapback]244525[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Beige interior with cloth seats
ZTWsquared,Jul 21 2007, 09:35 AM Wrote:What colour is your interior and is it leather?

That trim piece on the door is quite rare because IIRC they deleted it on the ZTS/W beginning in '02 and it was never available on the other models. Except for that, all the other pieces should be readily available in other OEM finishes like grey, matt black, faux carbon fibre - probably others I can't think of off hand.

My wife's 01 ZTW had the tan leather and I frankly thought the faux wood looked rather nice despite its fake-ness.

Other than replacing them, painting them seems an obvious thing, so I assume you've already considered that option ... you might consider trimming them out with a contrasting leather ... or perhaps even replacing them with one of those real wood alternatives.

oldeguy,Jul 21 2007, 09:04 AM Wrote:My ZTS has the wonderful fake wood grain finish around the audio system and the trim on the doors. The rest of the interior is beige and all the usual black plastic. I'm looking at the wood grain thinking what could be done to it, other than buying a different Focus, to make the interior a little different, yet with some "taste". Any ideas?
[right][snapback]244526[/snapback][/right]
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
man I miss my "wood grain on the dash" in my ZTS! I made the stereo insert out of carbon fiber on my ZX3 a few yrs ago and it looks good with the black on black.

just don't krylon it some goofie colour <_<
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
you could paint it, but honestly beige interior w/ woodgrain is pretty classy. My brother inlaw however had a 04 zts 100 aniv. edition and it was beige interior w/ silver trim and looked really sharp also.
oldeguy,Jul 21 2007, 08:04 AM Wrote:My ZTS has the wonderful fake wood grain finish around the audio system and the trim on the doors. The rest of the interior is beige and all the usual black plastic. I'm looking at the wood grain thinking what could be done to it, other than buying a different Focus, to make the interior a little different, yet with some "taste". Any ideas?

You could try a dash appliquàlike I have, the company I bought from has wood look dash inserts in addition to the aluminum look that I bought to liven up my acres of plastic in my '05.

The company has Focus dash kits listed at the following url: Ford Focus dash kits

Here's the aluminum look dash kit on my car (an '05)

[Image: NewCentreConsole.jpg]

They're located in Thornhill if you'd rather pick up the kit yourself ;)

NefCanuck
I have and had the silver dash bezels. and I had a black one and a painted one in there and I like the European silver one the best.

I also have the door trim too in silver.

I know in Europe there is 3 kinds of wood for the Bezel available. & 2 Unique Ghia
trims for the 1998 - 2004 models.

Black wood. (2002+ facelift models)
Cherry Wood.
Maple Wood (lighter then the american version)

(2002+ facelift models)
Brushed metal silver
Piano black. (2004 only)
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who Has Their Dash "glassed" smith21 8 2,000 02-13-2007, 05:25 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  Kit Front Bumper "like?"or "no Like?" Penwraith 18 5,052 03-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Penwraith