Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damaged My Car In Parking Lot..
could be worse, 2 weeks ago I had a guy roll into my car at a red light in the bramalea go station, when the light changed green he took off, it's good that I'm good at my job because I got the 1999 bmw 330's plate and filed the police report the following day.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
ok now here is deal..
went to body shop and gave me a quote of $454.71..

and called this guy and now he is saying he didn't expect this much and told me he was going to offer $50..

now he wants me to go through my insurance!!!
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
even it is at his 100% fault, my insurance will go up anyway!
i m gonna call him again and offer him to pay me half and f*** it!

if he stiull doesn't agree, i will have to just leave with it..
sue him and do this and that is not worth for how much damage is!
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
try and get what ever you can out of him.

i hate people that have no respect for other peoples property....

maby its a sign

put all ur parts on a white zx3 and sell yours.

man your car would bee sick in white (not that it isnt nice allready)

In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
konafocuswrc,Dec 30 2009, 04:16 PM Wrote:even it is at his 100% fault, my insurance will go up anyway!
[right][snapback]299010[/snapback][/right]
Says who? Did you call your insurance?

Look, I know there's a lot of differing opinions and anecdotes out there, so this is mine:

I was in a parking lot, having a coffee waiting for my package to arrive at Purolator after the Ninja deliveryman dropped the notice on the door without ringing the doorbaell.

So I'm sitting there and this numbnut in a van backs into my car trying to back into the spot next to me. Seing that he couldn't back up any further without going OVER my car, he pulls forward and straightens out and pulls into the spot.

I got out of my car, and long story short argued with the guy, he offered me $50 too. (The damage was $1500) So he got back into his van a f***s off, but not before I get his license #.

I put in a police report with a description of the van. the driver and his wife and plate number, called the insurance, they said the worst would be I would have to pay the $300 comprehensive deductible.

Car gets fixed, insurace company calls me and says that they're waiving the deductible and that the police tracked the guy down and that he did have valid insurance and they were notified and would be responsible for paying my company back.

No deductible, car fixed, and no insurance hike.

My story, YMMV.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
konafocuswrc,Dec 30 2009, 05:16 PM Wrote:even it is at his 100% fault, my insurance will go up anyway!
i m gonna call him again and offer him to pay me half and f*** it!

if he stiull doesn't agree, i will have to just leave with it..
sue him and do this and that is not worth for how much damage is!
[right][snapback]299010[/snapback][/right]

Don't give up. Call your insurance company and ask them what they would recommend. If all else, have the bastard pay at least for the deductible.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
OAC_sparky, that is because you report that to police..
and you have police report to back up..and he took off the scene without settlement..

but i have his info, he didn't drive away..

this is totally different story..
he offered money but didn't say how much..he didn't have money on his hands, he was expectin me to call him after i get quote from bodyshop..
after hearing quote from bodyshop, he is now telling me to take care of on my hands..
his insurance is the one to take care of this, not my insurance..
and i asked his insurance number but he didn't give me number but insurance company name..

so i m in btw to report this to police or go to my insurance and hear what they recommend..
Just call him again and tell him to payin full, or you will be forced to contact police and file a report.
At that time the insurance company will be contacted and the guy will be marked down as not reporting an accident on his record, only if he has reported it already which I doubt he did.
Tell him that he has to pay you in full or he faces a possible law suit.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

KONA just CALLLLLLL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY Police report or not just call them and ask what they suggest. Insurance companies have customer service reps yours paying for them so use them.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
this guy reported his amage only and didn't ention about my damage to his insurance..

i m going to insurance branch now today to discuss this..
went back from insurance branch and claim(by phone), they say my car is not covered..
if it was on the road, i can get covered by his insurance because it is at 100% his fault..

because this is parking lot situation, my insurance has to cover but i don't have any compensation coverage..
Bring it to small claims then. No real other choice.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin