Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Questions
So yeah I got a complete ZX3 Interior for my sedan as the driver's seat is showing it's age, and the seat I got are the same as the ones I have but with the side Airbag in it. So my Question is has anyone swapped out the stock seat for ones with the airbag before, and is there any issue I should be aware of before I install them?

Also, my car just last week started making a gurggling noise, I'm thinking it's the water pump on it last leggs... anyone have to change theirs out yet? and what costs are related to parts? I got quoted $350 from Colony Ford if it is infact the water pump thats for parts labour, and testing it out to see if it is the water pump.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
No idea man...
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Apr 19 2010, 07:46 PM Wrote:No idea man...
[right][snapback]305457[/snapback][/right]

What was the point to your post then?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

How is your coolant level? How does it look, colour wise? I know with my old Mustang, gurgling was usually heater core noise. Have you been smelling antifreeze at all?

The only thing I'd be worried about with the seats with airbags in them would be if they some how got shorted and exploded. Can you remove the seat back cover and remove the airbag and igniter module?
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Air bag related harnesses are always yellow. Don't hook them up and you should be fine.

As for the water pump, timing belt and related tensioners should all be replaced while it is apart. There is no use doing half the job while you are in there.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
habmann,Apr 19 2010, 08:05 PM Wrote:
paolo,Apr 19 2010, 07:46 PM Wrote:No idea man...
[right][snapback]305457[/snapback][/right]

What was the point to your post then?
[right][snapback]305461[/snapback][/right]

perhaps in replying at all... period? To show it wasn't overlooked?

It sucks when you post a thread and get 0 answers to your question. An IDK is better than no response.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
reldridge,Apr 19 2010, 09:33 PM Wrote:How is your coolant level? How does it look, colour wise? I know with my old Mustang, gurgling was usually heater core noise. Have you been smelling antifreeze at all?

The only thing I'd be worried about with the seats with airbags in them would be if they some how got shorted and exploded. Can you remove the seat back cover and remove the airbag and igniter module?
[right][snapback]305464[/snapback][/right]

coolant was only down a little, but was toped up last week and is still fine, it's kinda a wabbling / gurggling noise, it's coming from the passenger side of the car, and I did the timing belt and tensioners when I did the tune up back in febuary.

I did have a coolant leak back in december, but got that fixed once I noticed that the car was not blowing hot air when parked and idling, and thats when I noticed I had little coolant left back then.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Okay now that you point out that the coolant level is fine and you're still getting the warbling / gurggling noise from the passengers side, I would suggest / guess that your heater core is going. That was the warning sign on my Taurus at the time, just before I dumped it. Are you smelling anything sweet coming from your vents at all? :unsure:

NefCanuck
Nef is correct. Heater core.

And Paolo is just an idiot.

I answer all questions.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
NefCanuck,Apr 20 2010, 12:03 PM Wrote:Okay now that you point out that the coolant level is fine and you're still getting the warbling / gurggling noise from the passengers side, I would suggest / guess that your heater core is going.  That was the warning sign on my Taurus at the time, just before I dumped it.  Are you smelling anything sweet coming from your vents at all? :unsure:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]305514[/snapback][/right]

No, nothing sweet at all. :huh:

plus I have not used the heat or cooling functions on my car in about 3 weeks. when I sent it in for the alt light on saturday, and got it back monday, there was a burn smell, but it turned out to be the alt wiring falling appart and touching one of the belts. but the wabling noise was still there when I got it back, some of the guys at the ford dealership think it's either the barrings or the outer part of the water pump making the noise, I sent it in last night, so still got the 2010 rental focus for now, just wait for the phone call now....
meford4u,Apr 21 2010, 12:39 AM Wrote:And Paolo is just an idiot.

I answer all questions.
[right][snapback]305545[/snapback][/right]

That is more a statement of fact than an answer :lol:
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
turns out it was the water pump slowly dying, so it's been replaced, can't wait to put my new seats in this weekend though.
meford4u,Apr 21 2010, 12:39 AM Wrote:Nef is correct.  Heater core.

And Paolo is just an idiot.

I answer all questions.
[right][snapback]305545[/snapback][/right]

you never answered my question pertaining to the SIP VOIP Phone :blink:
now your not just an idiot, but your also a liar. :lol:
2001 ZTS,Apr 21 2010, 09:45 AM Wrote:That is more a statement of fact than an answer  :lol:
[right][snapback]305553[/snapback][/right]

Wow, trying to be funny... FAIL :lol: :lol: