Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caps...the On Going Discussion
The big three not only stopped my headlight dimming problem but also made my car run and idle a lot smoother.

you basically need three wires:

1) Engine to Chassis ground
2) Battery negative terminal to Chassis ground
3) Alternator to Battery Positive terminal.

I used 4 ga cable and it worked great. The stock focus wiring is really small like 10 gauge so the 4 gauge helped a lot.
Awesome. When I have an afternoon to blow, I plan ot trying this mod.
I'm doing this as we speak.. lol I friead a bunch of stuff som I'. replacing everything with quality wire lol
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
caps really works..
lots of ppl just hook it up and hope it works good..
it needs to be charged before install..

the thing is cap cannot hold charge, it will be discharged within 15 seconds or so..
but in order to fully discharge(for your safety,when touching chasis, cap will blow right at your face), get a bulb socket and run to + of cap and ground..

then when you charge them, use something fused 12v and let it fully charged..then attach cap to amp asap..then turn on headunit and see voltage changes on cap, cap will try to keep up the voltage..

and 1 more thing, if your battery is not in good condition, replace them.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I had 4 guage wire in my system as well...4guage from a 50 amp tube fuse holder to the cap, and off the cap to the sub amp. I also ran a common ground from the body to cap and amp with 4 guage, all of which without distribution blocks.

It kept my charging system up to scratch, and helped a lot when I demanded a lot of my battery. I've had 2 stereos with caps now. One was a Scosche EFX 1 farad cap, and my 2nd one was a Poweracoustic 1.4 Farad cap with voltage meter and led lights and neon.

I'd get one if I were you, it will help everything run smoother, and last longer.

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...