Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help!
ok well i go out 2 nights ago and my friend was sitting in my back seat and she decided how fun it would be to jam he feet underneath my front seat where i installed my amp and manage to somehow kick out the ground wire on my amp and get it to ram into the remote port...

Anyways when it happened my headunit lost power too because the remote wire prolly shorting out...so i reinstalled the amp and the subs work but my problem is now when i start the focus up the stereo doesnt work until i hat the knob to turn it on for an hour like when the key isnt in the ignition....i looked for a fuse and stuff, couldnt find one regarding the headunit in the fuse panel, does anyone kno what to do? Im so fricken lost, i kno my stuff pretty good but im at a complete loss for figuring this crap out...let me kno...

and ever since this happened my RPM gauge and gas gauge dont come on till about 30 seconds after the car is turned on...
girard.k,Jun 29 2007, 12:07 PM Wrote:ok well i go out 2 nights ago and my friend was sitting in my back seat and she decided how fun it would be to jam he feet underneath my front seat where i installed my amp and manage to somehow kick out the ground wire on my amp and get it to ram into the remote port...

Anyways when it happened my headunit lost power too because the remote wire prolly shorting out...so i reinstalled the amp and the subs work but my problem is now when i start the focus up the stereo doesnt work until i hat the knob to turn it on for an hour like when the key isnt in the ignition....i looked for a fuse and stuff, couldnt find one regarding the headunit in the fuse panel, does anyone kno what to do? Im so fricken lost, i kno my stuff pretty good but im at a complete loss for figuring this crap out...let me kno...

and ever since this happened my RPM gauge and gas gauge dont come on till about 30 seconds after the car is turned on...
[right][snapback]242691[/snapback][/right]

You shorted somthing out. Check all the wires on your deck and amp. As for the gauges I dont know. You cooked somthing there.
2000 ZX3
Mason,Jun 29 2007, 01:29 PM Wrote:
girard.k,Jun 29 2007, 12:07 PM Wrote:ok well i go out 2 nights ago and my friend was sitting in my back seat and she decided how fun it would be to jam he feet underneath my front seat where i installed my amp and manage to somehow kick out the ground wire on my amp and get it to ram into the remote port...

[right][snapback]242691[/snapback][/right]

You shorted somthing out. Check all the wires on your deck and amp. As for the gauges I dont know. You cooked somthing there.
[right][snapback]242704[/snapback][/right]

yeah i kno i guess ill pull out the deck...my amp doesnt actually run in that 1 hour mode but im sure it has to do with the headunit!