Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Beginning And It's Beyond Reproach
No, I'm saying education should be the course of action, not the punishment of a business group for a product that they provide that when eaten in moderation is far less harmful than drinking or smoking.

If anything, ban smoking as no-one's dietary requirements are met by turning your lungs into charcoal. Quality icecream is a dairy serving (sometimes more) but the fat and sugar content means that you need to be judicious in what you eat.

Banning icecream is a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. They don't want to learn to eat in moderation, they'll just ban the source of temptation.

Would they ever do the same with cigarettes? It's doubtful, especially if cigarettes are a source of revenue for the band. I don't know and honestly I don't care enough to try and find out when they're doing something as silly as banning ice cream.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
PDW,Jul 12 2007, 09:47 AM Wrote:First of all I never heard of this ban and will havee to look into it....
but...
No offense here but you kind of just contradicted yourself a bit...
Why not shoulder the responsibility ?... seems like they have and took action and "removed the problem"
They haven't removed the problem at all ... the problem isn't the ice cream and the problem isn't the person selling it. What they've removed is one source of supply and a hapless scapegoat. The problem is in the individual's choices to purchase and ingest the ice cream.

If removing the ice cream vendor is seen as part of a larger solution then so be it ... but I think people are deluding themselves if they think that by simply banning the supply the problem disappears; and I think you are being disingenuous to suggest that this is the same as "taking responsibility."

And the ban on smoking is to protect those who don't smoke ... it's not an attempt to get people to stop, although it seems to have some small effect in making that happen too. This ban on ice cream is nothing like that at all.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *