Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera ...newb
anyone have any clue how to set up your digital camera to take smaller pictures ? mine are always huge when I add them to the pc ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Jun 23 2007, 10:07 AM Wrote:anyone have any clue how to set up your digital camera to take smaller pictures ? mine are always huge when I add them to the pc ?
[right][snapback]242177[/snapback][/right]

It's a setting on the camera, you likely have a "Menu" button or something like that. Depending on the camera you may be able to set it to always take pictures at the resolution you want by default, or have to reset it each time you restart the camera.

Aside from the file size, any reason you're looking for lower resolution images? Usually people want more, not less, unless you're doing something like shooting pictures for awebsite say...

NefCanuck
Depends on the camera sir. SOME will have an option to use less pixels, like from 5MP down to 3MP, but for the most part, you need to edit them on the PC. Usually a 'resize' will do it. I.E, in MS Photo editor, click on Image, then resize. Change it to pixels, then lower the width. I just did an 800 x 600 image, which was 1,440,000 bytes, resized it down to 600 x 450, and it went down to 810,000 bytes....and so on.

S
Well if you want them smaller to e-mail or post try this website its great and easy to use.

http://www.resize2mail.com

goodluck
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]