Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crush 'em
Attorney General of Ontario is stating that if the Province "finds out" that you are using your vehicle for street racing, or the intention to street race, they will confiscate your vehicle and you will never see it again.

So, I guess I better return my Air Intake to stock, my neighbour might tell on me that I'm modifying my car so I can race on the streets. :ph34r:
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
I fit the profile of a street racer does that mean they can take away my car?
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...Story/National/

I believe this is the story (one of the media outlets, anyways) that you're referring to.

My MPP is getting a phone call this morning. Now we're guilty until proven innocent by inspection. This is pure and utter BS.

Oh, and a big hearty f*** YOU to Toronto for getting even worse with the street racing deaths of late. Can't these f***ing morons NOT race on crowded streets and highways?

I know North Bay isn't a likely target for enforcement, but seeing as a phone call is all it takes... :angry:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...tional/Ontario/ - another related link - STOCK VEHICLES (1 at least)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
If it prevents people being killed and gets the asshats off the road that "street race" I'm all for it.
hardk0re,Jun 21 2007, 08:12 AM Wrote:I fit the profile of a street racer does that mean they can take away my car?
[right][snapback]241949[/snapback][/right]
Sounds like it
K&N Filter.....
Ontario's becoming a "nanny state", boys. We're all signing away our freedom, one useless bill at a time.

Don't modify your car. Don't modify your home. Don't cut your dog's hair. Don't do anything that makes you unique or distinguishes you from anyone else.

It's coming, and I'll stand on the highest hill and tell you all "I f***ING TOLD YOU SO" when it does.

Sorry, but I'll still be modifying my car for my OWN enjoyment - NOT for street racing.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ANTHONYD,Jun 21 2007, 08:48 AM Wrote:If it prevents people being killed and gets the asshats off the road that "street race" I'm all for it.
[right][snapback]241952[/snapback][/right]
Asshats can drive Yaris's too. I was on the 401 Saturday and two "asshats" in BMW's decided to play NASCAR. My youngest son, whose 21, started saying a few nasty things about the two idiots. We should have taken their plate numbers, and made a call. Unfortunately, this means that if your next door neighbour decides that he doesn't like you, because your grass is better than his, or your wife is nicer than his, and he sees that you have modified your car, like putting in a CAI, or lowering your suspension, and those nice shiny rims, hell, you're going to go street racing and a little call to the police and then you'll need a new car...
K&N Filter.....
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 21 2007, 08:57 AM Wrote:Ontario's becoming a "nanny state", boys. We're all signing away our freedom, one useless bill at a time.

Don't modify your car. Don't modify your home. Don't cut your dog's hair. Don't do anything that makes you unique or distinguishes you from anyone else.

It's coming, and I'll stand on the highest hill and tell you all "I f***ING TOLD YOU SO" when it does.

Sorry, but I'll still be modifying my car for my OWN enjoyment - NOT for street racing.
[right][snapback]241954[/snapback][/right]
It'll be interesting to see what kind of attention is given to the next meet and greet. :ph34r:
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Jun 21 2007, 08:59 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jun 21 2007, 08:48 AM Wrote:If it prevents people being killed and gets the asshats off the road that "street race" I'm all for it.
[right][snapback]241952[/snapback][/right]
Asshats can drive Yaris's too. I was on the 401 Saturday and two "asshats" in BMW's decided to play NASCAR. My youngest son, whose 21, started saying a few nasty things about the two idiots. We should have taken their plate numbers, and made a call. Unfortunately, this means that if your next door neighbour decides that he doesn't like you, because your grass is better than his, or your wife is nicer than his, and he sees that you have modified your car, like putting in a CAI, or lowering your suspension, and those nice shiny rims, hell, you're going to go street racing and a little call to the police and then you'll need a new car...
[right][snapback]241956[/snapback][/right]

Nevermind the insurance hit, the social stigma and the family stress... all from something you haven't actually done. There's nothing like punishment due to perceived behaviour or inferred behaviour.

I don;t agree with the authorites pulling me over for no reason because my car has rims and performance tires to take my car awy. That's B.S. I don;t sreet race, I don't pretend my car is fast, and anyone who knows me...I'm the farthest away from an agressive driver.

What I do think should happen, is if the police catch someone street racing, putting everyone at risk around them, they most certainly should be punished by losing it.

Weather it's a Civic, Focus, BMW or 69 Chevelle.

ANTHONYD,Jun 21 2007, 09:33 AM Wrote:I don;t agree with the authorites pulling me over for no reason because my car has rims and performance tires to take my car awy. That's B.S. I don;t sreet race, I don't pretend my car is fast, and anyone who knows me...I'm the farthest away from an agressive driver.
[right][snapback]241961[/snapback][/right]

Thanks bud, you just proved my point. The thing is that this is/has/will happen(ing)(ed), and it doesn't appear to be leaving anytime in the future.

If the "grumpy grandpa" set decide that they've had enough of "young punks", or anyone else sees/hears a visibly/audibly-modified car that they don't like - BOOM. Phone call, you get a traffic stop and the vehicle gets impounded until YOU prove (not the cops/Crown, YOU) that you aren't a street racer.

The potential for a devestating precdent being set is just one court case away.

Rims? Phone call. Exhaust? Phone call. Tint/kitghts (mind you, not all of those belong on the road anyways)? Phone call.

I'm trying to find the new law listing now...

ANTHONYD,Jun 21 2007, 09:33 AM Wrote:I don;t agree with the authorites pulling me over for no reason because my car has rims and performance tires to take my car awy. That's B.S. I don;t sreet race, I don't pretend my car is fast, and anyone who knows me...I'm the farthest away from an agressive driver.

What I do think should happen, is if the police catch someone street racing, putting everyone at risk around them, they most certainly should be punished by losing it.

Weather it's a Civic, Focus, BMW or 69 Chevelle.
[right][snapback]241961[/snapback][/right]
Personally, If I'm doing stupid things on the road, put me away in jail, not at home, in jail. If I'm street racing, crush it, put me in jail, I'm being stupid. If I have a turbocharger, or supercharger, nice rims, and tires, lowered, but going just as fast as grumpy grandpa is going in his Buick, then leave me alone. like I said before, the next meet and greet will be interesting.
K&N Filter.....
So let's call the cops on the dudes riding their Harly-Davidson's hitting ground rattleing Db.

Are straight pipes not a performance "modification"
Maybe this is a poor analogy, but, here goes, I have a penis, does that mean I'm going to rape someone? No performance modification yet though
K&N Filter.....
Keeping a heavily modified car stock looking is the ONLY key to never getting looked at nor hated on by the cops.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Just because we have cars that are not totally stock, doesn't mean we go around racing other cars. The Government is saying that you have changed your vehicle to give it more horsepower, changed the suspension, so it'll go faster in the corners, therefore, you're a street racer.
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Jun 21 2007, 11:12 AM Wrote:Just because we have cars that are not totally stock, doesn't mean we go around racing other cars. The Government is saying that you have changed your vehicle to give it more horsepower, changed the suspension, so it'll go faster in the corners, therefore, you're a street racer.
[right][snapback]241984[/snapback][/right]

True.

However, would it be so difficult to impliment a law that would make crushing a car (modified or not) if you're caught deliberately breaking the law???

How hard would that be?
So if somebody sees you squeal the tires in your new Mustang GT, your car can be crushed, right?

My dad better lock his garage up or three 'Stangs could be gone.

Anybody know what the Attorney General drives? I think I saw him street racing last night... :lol:

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
reldridge,Jun 21 2007, 11:25 AM Wrote:So if somebody sees you squeal the tires in your new Mustang GT, your car can be crushed, right?

My dad better lock his garage up or three 'Stangs could be gone.

Anybody know what the Attorney General drives? I think I saw him street racing last night... :lol:

Ryan
[right][snapback]241988[/snapback][/right]
only can be crushed if it's modified. Oh, and you could be parked when they pull it off the road
K&N Filter.....
I think the AG used a Fram air filter insted of an OEM air filter last time he had his car serviced instead of an OEM filter. I saw him street racing last night. Honest.

Crush his car.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crush His Car! Flofocus 10 2,055 07-15-2007, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001