Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W00t New Tires On The Way!
i discovered a nail in one of my tires recently, and thanks to the awd fairies i need to get a new set of tires (diameter has to be within 2/32nds of an inch all around.. and i've worn my tires more than that.. so i can't just get one tire)

225/50/16 kumho mx on the way! $119/tire shipped/mounted/balanced.

azenis sport were on backorder until july and i just couldn't bring myself to pony up $160 more to get bridgestone re-01r

can't wait to get the craptastic bfg traction t/a off my car (i can't believe these things are marketed as 'high performance'. who the heck are they kidding?!?!)
i'm telling you right now, they are not going to be fun in the rain. in the dry they are absolutely amazing.
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Jun 10 2007, 02:16 AM Wrote:i'm telling you right now, they are not going to be fun in the rain. in the dry they are absolutely amazing.
[right][snapback]241004[/snapback][/right]

have you had them on your car before or is this based on what others have said?

i used to use azenis sport RT215 which are supposedly the mega death in the rain and i've driven in very heavy downpours with no problems (of course i drove much more conservative in those conditions
I have on for my summer tires right now, I've had to reduce my speed to about 60kph in the rain on the highway with them. but that is my only complaint with them, and only because we have been having a lot of rain here since mid April.
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Jun 12 2007, 05:16 PM Wrote:I have on for my summer tires right now, I've had to reduce my speed to about 60kph in the rain on the highway with them.
[right][snapback]241216[/snapback][/right]

awesome, thanks for the heads up man. how much tread is left on them? i'll be extra cautious in the rain.

so is it just wet roads in general or standing water in particular that causes a problem?

EDIT: i just realized you said 60kph.. aww man. i guess these are worse than azenis sport RT215.. i could go around 55mph in heavy downpours with those