Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fusion Car Audio----opinions?
HI guys. I went to our local audio installer today to ask about ugrading the system in my ST. He is selling this Fusion brand----from what I could see thats all he sells. There were no other brands on display.
He recommended ugrading the door speakers and amping them and also a small 12 inch sub and box in the truck on another amp. He said they would mount both amps on the box so removal would be easy when I sold the car.
Price installed was around 800 bucks.
I am leery of the brand though--never heard of them untill I searched online. They seem to be a New Zealand company.
Anything will be better than whats in there now and doubt I'll be stressing any components but don't want to have to screw with things again once finished.
Anybody have or know someone with this stuff? Is the quality OK?
Back in my day Pioneer and Alpine were high end.
You could probably get something better for just as much money. An Alpine set will sound 10 times better than the Fusions. If your gonna spend that amount of money, don't do it halfass. You could probably even get some great used stuff for less money. Stick with Apline, Infinity, Pioneer, etc. Also check out http://www.canadiancaraudio.com for all kinds of barely used stuff. I'm sure some people on this board also have some stuff for sale.

My system was mostly JL Audio with JBL competition front components. I spent about $2000 but it was an amazing system worth like $5000. First thing you have to do is decide what you want to accomplish and how much you want to spend doing it.
I have fusion gear. The encounter line are entry level stuff. With the powerplant being next in line. I have powerplant 5x7s in the doors amped 50wrms. I have a 10" encounter 150wrms sub in a ported fusion box in the hatch. Its sound good for the money. You cant get alpine gear new for the price of the fusion stuff. I wouldnt compare the fusion power plant or encounter line with alpine anything.

Its certainly better then lots of other entry level gear.

The fusion NV or Johna Luma (sp) line is the good stuff.

What line of fusion is he selling you? 800 for encounter door speakers, one sub/box and 2 amps is *ok* price.

Malby is right about the used gear at canadiancaraudio. Just make sure you pick it up, and see it working if possible, buy from someone with feedback.
2007 Screaming Yellow ZX3 5 Speed
Thanks guys. I really don't know what line---he gave me a brochure for for a bass pack and I think the model number is EN--PK112. It is a 12 inch single sub.
He wrote 4 5by7 poweraccoustic speakers and a 4 channel amp I think the number says OVU----820.
Charging me 350 for the amp and sub, the 4 speakers 100 and the 4 channel amp 239---plus another 60 for installation. I guess some labor is included in the price.
I like the looks of the neon green and will go nice with the black car.
I'll ask tomorrow what models he is installing exactly.
I am not looking for bass that will shake the car beside me although my 14 year old son does for his crap---I mean rap. I just want clean clear sound at a good volume without distortion.
MY first audio system was an old Pioneer casette deck-----1980 or so high power and 2 6 by 9s in the trunk deck and 2 4 inch door speakers. It made plenty of bass and was clean sounding. That's all I want. Stuff sure has gotten cheaper since then---the deck was close to 800 at thetime. Took me 2 years delivering pizza to pay for it.
2FST4U,May 25 2007, 04:36 AM Wrote:Thanks guys. I really don't know what line---he gave me a brochure for for a bass pack and I think the model number is EN--PK112. It is a 12 inch single sub.
He wrote 4 5by7 poweraccoustic speakers and a 4 channel amp I think the number says OVU----820.
Charging me 350 for the amp and sub, the 4 speakers 100 and the 4 channel amp 239---plus another 60 for installation. I guess some labor is included in the price.
I like the looks of the neon green and will go nice with the black car.
I'll ask tomorrow what models he is installing exactly.
I am not looking for bass that will shake the car beside me although my 14 year old son does for his crap---I mean rap. I just want clean clear sound at a good volume without distortion.
MY first audio system was an old Pioneer casette deck-----1980 or so high power and 2 6 by 9s in the trunk deck and 2 4 inch door speakers. It made plenty of bass and was clean sounding. That's all I want. Stuff sure has gotten cheaper since then---the deck was close to 800 at thetime. Took me 2 years delivering pizza to pay for it.
[right][snapback]239517[/snapback][/right]

The EN is encounter. Fusions low end. Dont let that fool you tho... I like my encounter sub. For the money is was good.

350 for sub/amp/box doesnt sound to bad. What amp?

Power Accoustic is not fusion... and for 25 per speaker you get what you pay for... a 25 dollar speaker.

What 4 channel amp is he selling you? 60 to install that all is very cheap... does that include installing the sub/box and amp, door speakers, amp for the doors and all wiring?

You must be putting it on your stock deck are ya? You will need a line out converter as well.
just for some reference, i spent 1100 on my system:

2 Powerplant 5x7 2 way door speakers
Ultimate T2-2250 amp for the door speakers
10" Encounter sub in a ported fusion box
Fusion EN-6001 amp for the sub
Kenwood 435U deck
Install kit for dash
All wiring, installation and taxes.

My rear speakers just run off the deck. They are fill. If it was as loud as the front IMO it would be distracting. A lot of people dont bother to upgrade the rears.

Do some research on canadiancaraudio.ca maybe before you commit?

Yeah--gonna shop around-----perhaps pawn shops for the amps but new speakers and sub.
I think he must be selling the encounter package. The amp is ENAM3002. I may ask if he'll upgrade to the powerpack package. It is 1000 watts compared to the other one's 300.
He said that was everything---wiring etc.
First package--the 300 watt uses 8 guage wire---the powerpack uses 4 guage
SPECS FOR ENCOUNTER BASS PACK

EN-PK112

Encounter 12" Bass Pack

For ultimate bass, and everything you need to install it.
The Encounter 12” Bass Pack includes;
- Encounter 12” Loaded Enclosure (400 Watts Max)
- Encounter 2 Channel Amplifier (EN-AM3002 – 300 Watts Max)
- 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit (500 Watts Max)

Loaded Enclosure Features
Heavy Duty Construction
High quality, heavy duty board creates a solid enclosure, which is lined with acoustic dampening material to produce extreme bass
Heavy Duty Terminal Cups
Ensures a secure bond and efficient signal flow from your amplifier to your subwoofer in order to deliver clean sound
Unique Encounter Detailing
The two 3” aero ports and chromed side panel design feature unique Encounter detailing, ensuring your vehicle will always leave an impression

Amplifier features
Thermally Dynamic Heat Sink
Thermally efficient heat sink structure designed to keep components within accepted heat tolerances
Integrated End Caps
Stylish end caps fit seamlessly to protect the heat sink against alien objects and create clean lines for clean installations
Multi-Function System Management Panel
Enables you to easily tailor the characteristics of the signal to your audio preferences
Screw Down Connectors
Efficient screw down connections ensure a secure bond between components in the audio system

Product Specifications

Loaded Enclosure
Power Rating: 400 Watts (Max)
Woofer Size: 1 x 12"
Voice Coil: 2" Kapton Four Layer Voice Coil
Impedance: 4 Ohm
Box Dimensions: (H) 375mm x (W) 423.4mm x (L) 524 mm

Amplfier Specifications
Maximum Power: 300 Watts
RMS Power Output: 92 Watts RMS per Channel @ 2 Ohms
180 Watts RMS Bridged Channels @ 4 Ohms
Frequency Response: 10Hz - 40kHz
Low-Pass Crossover: 40Hz - 160 Hz
High-Pass Crossover: 40Hz - 600Hz

SPECS FOR POWERPACK PACKAGE
PP-112PK

PowerPlant 12" Bass Pack

For intense bass, and everything you need to install it. The PowerPlant 12” Bass pack includes;
- PowerPlant 12” Loaded Enclosure (900 Watts Max)
- PowerPlant Monoblock Amplifier (PP-AM10001 – 1000 Watts Max)
- 4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit (800 Watts Max)

Loaded Enclosure Features
Heavy Duty Construction
High quality, heavy duty board creates a solid enclosure, which is lined with acoustic dampening material to produce extreme bass
Heavy Duty Terminal Cups
Ensures a secure bond and efficient signal flow from your amplifier to your subwoofer in order to deliver clean sound
Enclosure Detailing
Featuring molded PowerPlant graphic end caps and unique aeroport detailing, as well as a high quality embroidered carpet finish

Amplifier Features
Superior Thermal Conductivity
PowerPlant amplifiers feature superior thermal conductivity ensuring heat dissipates efficiently
Rugged Amplifier Case
Single piece extrusion with seamlessly matched die-cast end caps which protects connectors and internal components
Over-sized Mounting Feet
The oversized mounting feet with their recessed holes provide secure and discreet fastening points.
Over-Sized Power Connection
Enlarged contact surfaces for high current connectivity
Stage 2 System Management Panel
Multi-function management panel enables you to refine the characteristics of the signal to suit your audio preferences.
Multiple Fuse Protection
Multiple fuses protect internal components and are easily accessible for quick changes in a competitive environment

Product Specifications

Loaded Enclosure specifications
Power Rating: 900 Watts (Max)
Woofer Size: 1 x 12"
Voice Coil: 2.5" Black Aluminium Dual Voice Coil
Impedance: Dual 4 Ohm
Box Dimensions: (H) 383.9mm x (W) 421.7mm x (L) 560mm

Amplifier specifications
Maximum Power: 1000 Watts
RMS Power Output: 410 Watts RMS x 1 Channel @ 4 Ohms
555 Watts RMS x 1 Channel @ 2 Ohms
Frequency Response: 10Hz - 40kHz
Low-pass Crossover: 40Hz - 160 Hz
IF he gives me the powerpack for that price--800 I may take it. SHould blow the glass out at 1000 watts---lol
Just an fyi for ya...

max power numbers mean nothing. RMS is the only number your concerned with. You will be better off with the powerplant stuff over the encounter.

That encounter bass pak is 150 Wrms or so, and the powerplant is 400Wrms... should be a goooood difference. Thats if he will match the price which i doubt.

Hell my 150Wrms in my zx3 is loud. However ill tell you this... i wish i would have went bigger... to 400-500Watts Rms lol. For the sub woofer.

BTW if the last good stereo you had, didnt have a subwoofer, this will knock yer socks off... lol...

Sigh.

scotiacustom,May 25 2007, 03:34 AM Wrote:Just an fyi for ya...

BTW if the last good stereo you had, didnt have a subwoofer, this will knock yer socks off... lol...

Sigh.
[right][snapback]239521[/snapback][/right]

I don't think there was subs back then---for a long time I had a set of realistic Mach 1 house speakers in the back seat. 15 inch woofers and lots of bass.
The dealer said the package quoted was the encounter. I think that will be enough for me. If he will deal on the bigger powerpack I may go that route. Thanks for the help.
2FST4U,May 25 2007, 06:11 PM Wrote:
scotiacustom,May 25 2007, 03:34 AM Wrote:Just an fyi for ya...

Sigh.
[right][snapback]239521[/snapback][/right]

I don't think there was subs back then---for a long time I had a set of realistic Mach 1 house speakers in the back seat. 15 inch woofers and lots of bass.
The dealer said the package quoted was the encounter. I think that will be enough for me. If he will deal on the bigger powerpack I may go that route. Thanks for the help.
[right][snapback]239572[/snapback][/right]

No problem let us knwo how you like it... i like my 150watts dotn get me wrong. Play some daddy yankee to test it out :}

Then some nice ac/dc :D