Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Did You Change On Your Spi At 200k?
Hi! I was wondering what did you guys change on your focus SPI's at or before 205k kms? I live in Quebec, and I seem to have lost some fuel economy on my car since 100k kms. Economy wise, I never changed any egr parts or any oxygen sensors, I did change spark plugs to iridium after a seafoam wash at 155k kms, I changed the coil before 100k (stock coil), and I changed the egr tube. I hear now a sound that sounds like turbo when I accelerate, and my gf tells me that my car smells when I push it when she's following me with her car. Should I change the upstream O2 sensor? I never had any cel on. Thanks!
2000 Green Sedan SPI, SVT suspension, K&N drop in for winter,

Long time no see here!
the car :) j/k

just wait until it dies and then just get a used engine. I don't recomend spending tons of money on an engine with 200K on it.

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

If the body of the car is still good, and your transmission is good. Just keep up with maintenance items, change your filters and fluids. Anything else will show up as a CEL. Timing belt or chain?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
What mileage are you getting? I'm getting about 550km's to a tank at the moment, but it would be about 650km's if I wasn't running 17's.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
mo_focus,May 22 2007, 03:37 PM Wrote:the car :) j/k

just wait until it dies and then just get a used engine. I don't recomend spending tons of money on an engine with 200K on it.
[right][snapback]239259[/snapback][/right]
:lol:
I was gonna say the engine but I thought it was rude.
2000 ZX3
well i did change the timing belt at 130k, im doing 550km on a tank, and i do have stocker wheels, thats why I'm wondering if I'd need to change the upstream o2 sensor, or an EGr part... did you change your dpfe sensor on your SPI?

Long time no see here!
It is tough to know what is broke when you don't have any cels... Or probably that a worn bearing would drag so much that I lose fuel economy... But I'm really wondering about that "hissing" sound it does with the engine, it's cool to hear, but I'm not sure it's cool as far as mechanic goes...

Long time no see here!
Here is an idea. Why dont you go talk to ford and see what they say should have or should be done.
2000 ZX3
Oscar The Grouch,May 22 2007, 08:09 PM Wrote:What mileage are you getting?  I'm getting about 550km's to a tank at the moment, but it would be about 650km's if I wasn't running 17's.
[right][snapback]239299[/snapback][/right]
not bad. i hardly get 450 per tank on my '05 2.0 duratec with 127k on it
^^How badly modded? I got 300KMs on half a tank this weekend... mostly hwy, about 30KMs city.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Mason,May 27 2007, 03:47 PM Wrote:Here is an idea. Why dont you go talk to ford and see what they say should have or should be done.
[right][snapback]239677[/snapback][/right]

because most of the time, they dont even know what to tell you. :rolleyes:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]