Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman Sues Because She Can't Eat Her Placenta
http://www.kxnt.com/pages/431665.php?conte...ontentId=479022

Quote:A Las Vegas mother is battling a local hospital over the ownership of a placenta. Anne Swanson gave birth at Sunrise Hospital last month, and wants her placenta so she can ingest it for its nutrients. But Swanson says the hospital has told her the organ was contaminated, and she would have to go to court to get it back. Yesterday, Swanson and a group of other women protested outside the Maryland Parkway hospital, with signs reading "Free the Placenta." A spokeswoman for Sunrise Hospital would not discuss the case, but says placentas are kept in cold storage for three days and are disposed if there is no request to keep it. Swanson says she'll contact the ACLU and Planned Parenthood to get the placenta back. But because it is contaminated, she has no plans to turn it into pills for consumption. Traditional Chinese medicine suggests that the excess hormones in placentas can treat postpartum depression.

I'm at a loss for words here. All I can think of is a scene from the Coneheads movie.

I suppose you could grill it up, and stick it in a hotdog bun?
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
I'm also at a loss for words............................
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Placenta? I usually stop eating when I reach the cervix.

:ph34r:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,May 10 2007, 04:53 PM Wrote:Placenta? I usually stop eating when I reach the cervix.

:ph34r:
[right][snapback]237959[/snapback][/right]

^^^ :lol: :lol: .......... let her eat it and put it on video :lol:

uuuummmmm ..... good !! :o
Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Okay aside from the fact that she wants to eat her placenta, which is so far up the pukeometer that I think I hear it pegging....

The thing is contaminated! The heck is she gonna do with it then? :blink: :ph34r: :puke:

NefCanuck
Oh man... I don't know where to start with this one.

*walks away*
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
They use it to make pills. But regardless of contamination, there is no legal procedure to prevent the woman from having it. After all, it was part of her. All they can do is suggest she dispose of it.
Haven't you ever had Boudin?

:)
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
Placenta (sheep/cow/swine) is a common ingredient in cosmetics and make up along with whale sperm and a whole bunch of other crap. Its like knowing whats actually in a hot dog.

Oh and ladies: "lamoline" = sheep sweat and other fluids. Placenta "ownership" is very much in the news because of it relationship to "stem cells". Many couples freeze it perpetually "just in case".

Insulin comes from a pigs panchreous (sp?) for reference sake.

No doubt Christine can elaborate on stem cells better than I.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Is there not something in a placenta that can also help "little people" develop more normally.

Or is that pitituary glands???

Placentas are medically VERY helpful from what I understand.
NOS2Go4Me,May 10 2007, 03:52 PM Wrote:Oh man... I don't know where to start with this one.

*walks away*
[right][snapback]237985[/snapback][/right]

I'm with you on that one...
2001 Sangria Red ZTS, Zetec 5-spd, key gouges on hood and passenger fender (thanks idiots!Wink

Drivetrain and chassis: CAI, Steeda STS

Interior and exterior: Blacked out sidemarker lens, blacked out tailights, blacked out 3rd brake light, de-badged, cobra 40 ch. CB, Sirius

VA3RBV, Basic class licence!
eewww.......... nasty.....
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.