Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq
[Image: FC_LOGO_small_BBQ.jpg]
Seeing summertime is upon us more and more each day It's come to my attention that it's time to plan the FC.NET BBQ for 2007.

Incase you were not able to make it last year, we had over 30 cars at once attend. It's an event that helped us realize just how many people enjoy the Ford Focus. I myself was completely blown away at the turn out last year as I'm sure a lot of people who attended were as well. The turn out grows each year and I'm hoping this will be our biggest ever!

Here are some pics from years in the past.

[Image: SWEET.jpg]
[Image: STRAIGT_LINE.jpg]
[Image: NO_PARKING.jpg]
[Image: HARDKORE_3.jpg]
[Image: EVERY_COLOUR_OF_THE_RAINBOW.jpg]
[Image: GROUP_SHOT_2.jpg]

As you can see, it was a great turnout. It's a great place to meet and greet members that you have met and not before. We had people from as far as Ottawa attend last year!

This year will work the same way as last.
Bring your parts new mods and significant others as it's a day for everyone.

***This year there will be like last year with a cruise in the country. I'm planning a route heading north to where the roads are twisty. My plans are to find a great ice-cream parlour or chip wagon we can embark on. Details to follow*** (I'm open to suggestions)

Please bring cameras and video machines as there will be PLENTY of oppertunity to get some shots.

Because we will be taking over the school parking lot next to my house as we did last year...I have to put some rules in place.

Rules:

No burn-outs
No audio compititions
No drinking of alcohol
No drugs

Faliure to obey these rules will result in a possible ban as well as removal from the premisis. This is in my neighbourhood and I'd rather not attract any negative attention as my neighbours will be watching. (they were VERY impressed with last year's turn out)

If you could, please start a list of attendees!

Hope you all can make it!

Please stay tuned for updates!

maps:

[Image: MAP1.jpg]
[Image: zoom_map.jpg]

I'm posting 4 months early so everyone can plan around it.

If you're new to the site this is THE meet of the year with people coming from all over Ontario.

Why the 11th you ask? Becaue it's Meford4u 's 41st birthday! So come out and wish the f***tard himself a happy birthday.

What's in store this year?

-BBQ
-SWAP MEET
-CRUISE
-ORGANIZED JUDGING
-50/50 DRAW TO RAISE MONEY FOR A CHARITIBLE ORGANIZATION

In the past years I have brought my BBQ out to the parking lot and let everyone cook their own meat. This has worked great in the past so we'll do the same thing this year.

IT'S A BRING YOUR OWN MEAT EVENT. I will provide condiments for hamburgers and hotdogs, you need to bring meat, buns and your own drinks.

SWAP MEET:

Clean out your garages guys, this is a great place to unload your Focus \ parts, stereo equipment, side skirts etc...

*I'm currently awaiting some suggestions from other members to help make this the best BBQ we've had yet.*

If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to PM me and we can make sure it happens.

So...
Here's all you need to know.

WHEN: SATURDAY AUGUST 11th 2007
WHERE: ANTHONY'S PLACE 5173 DRYDEN AVE. BURLINGTON ON
WHY: BECAUSE IT'S AMAZING TO SEE ALL THE GREAT RIDES IN ONE PLACE
TIME: 1:00PM TO ABOUT 7:OOPM

Rules:

[Image: rulesBBQ.jpg]

Hope to see you all there!!!

-Anthony.
unmodded, everday drivers welcome?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
woohoo! i'm in, will be bringing my gf again....have put this day on my calander

oldguy: for sure
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Unmodded cars welcome!!!!

This is for ALL Focus Canada members!!!
woot!!!
awesome event for anyone that hasnt been before
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Great event folks, come on out, have fun, modded or not (Heck, I came out to the first one stone stock and saw some amazing machinery and got some ideas.

Three years later wel... :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck
For the record Meford's birthday is on the 12th (not that we shouldn't celebrate it or anything) which, for anyone keeping track of such things, just happens to be one day before my birthday.

Assuming that this year's event will once again be kid-friendly, count me in with at least one and possibly two kids.

And in terms of travelling the distance ... didn't NOS come down from the northland last year?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Apr 23 2007, 02:11 PM Wrote:For the record Meford's birthday is on the 12th (not that we shouldn't celebrate it or anything) which, for anyone keeping track of such things, just happens to be one day before my birthday.

Assuming that this year's event will once again be kid-friendly, count me in with at least one and possibly two kids.

And in terms of travelling the distance ... didn't NOS come down from the northland last year?
[right][snapback]235955[/snapback][/right]

He missed it last year.

I think Ottawa was the furthest distance.

So we have 2 birthdays to celebrate!

W00t w00t
I'll be there....

not exactly in a focus tho...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Im in.... Depending on the new BabyGirl...
I am going to mark it down on the calander. We should be able to make it unless Lindsey has me doing some wedding preperations that day. I will have my drop installed by then and hopfully my skirts on aswell.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
It's marked on the calendar. Hopefully I will be standing upright.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Count me in. :)
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
meford4u,Apr 23 2007, 07:00 PM Wrote:It's marked on the calendar.  Hopefully I will be standing upright.
[right][snapback]235995[/snapback][/right]

I can get you a good discount on canes, we'll get you upright :P

NefCanuck
meford4u,Apr 23 2007, 08:00 PM Wrote:It's marked on the calendar.  Hopefully I will be standing upright.
[right][snapback]235995[/snapback][/right]
I have a wheelchair to spare.............
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
I don't know as of yet on this one, I might be Moving to Toronto on the 1st of aug... and if I don't I'll be coming off of a night shift for this meet so I'll be really tired or really late, I'll have to say it's a real we'll see for me when the time gets closer.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
ANTHONYD,Apr 23 2007, 01:54 PM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Apr 23 2007, 02:11 PM Wrote:For the record Meford's birthday is on the 12th (not that we shouldn't celebrate it or anything) which, for anyone keeping track of such things, just happens to be one day before my birthday.

[right][snapback]235955[/snapback][/right]

So we have 2 birthdays to celebrate!

W00t w00t
[right][snapback]235958[/snapback][/right]

My birthday is 2 days before the BBQ.

I'll try to be there. (assuming I'm in the country around that time)
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
i will try to be there as well, now the question. Would i still have the focus by then?

Maybe i'll just be the team sponser and travel behind everyone with tools and spare parts in the Escape :)

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Entered the date on the Crackberry, I'm in for part or all of the activities unless I am camping/vacationing.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Apr 24 2007, 08:24 AM Wrote:Entered the date on the Crackberry, I'm in for part or all of the activities unless I am camping/vacationing.
[right][snapback]236046[/snapback][/right]

Any way you can get us into the port again this year????