Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro Lights (again!) - Euro Experts Pls Look
I like the idea of integral rear fog and amber turns at the rear of the wagon, so I got a set of Euro tails ...

and although I got the bulb holders, the supplier couldn't provide the connector ... so I have a couple of questions to the Euro experts here (and yes I've searched - googled now for a fricken week and non of the people I emailed in the UK ever got back to me - no wonder their economy is struggling) ... anyway:

Is the Euro wagon connector the same as the hatch and/or sedan Euro tails?

Anybody recognize the connector pictured below - know where I could get them?

Thanks

[Image: Eurotaillightconnect.jpg]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Those connections look about the same size as GM Metri-Pak connections. You might be able to get a pack of 10 or 12 single unshielded connections at NAPA for about $5. I would take in the unit and make sure you get the correct size as I believe there are 2 or 3 different ones available. These will not have a cover on them to protect them so you can put some heat shrink over them. Its hard to tell how small those pins are but the ones I am talking about are around 1/8" or so.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
i found my pig tails for my zx3 here they should have the ones your looking for
it'll take some searching

http://www.motorcraft.com/pdf/Wiring_Pig...atalog.pdf

http://www.motorcraft.com/pdf/Wiring_Pigta...ation_Guide.pdf
I Have the same thing on my sedan tails, I could set the whole thing up for you as I made my own connections from OEM Ford wire female ends that fit into place perfectly as I had to hook up my sedan tails and rear fog lights.

all you need is the wiring loom from a wreaked Sedan with the three stage tail lights, (the reason why you need the three stage light wiring from the sedan is so your not having to go thru your stock wiring to look and split from the signel / brake light / parking light as it takes way too long to look for this, and by using the 3 stage wiring it saves you the trouble in the first place) The 3 stage wiring loom is located in the trunk of the sedans so you need to get it at the plug & cut the one wire to the re-defog at the window, & lastly some shrink tubes from crappy tire or part source.

If you want I could set this all up for you in about 20 minutes a side. and as for the rear fog light, it will take a little longer to wire in, but it will only work if you have the European Headlight switch, but I don't know if they are useable in the 2005-2007 model Focus.

Let me know if you want me to do this for you I'm free till tuesday.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
castone,Apr 20 2007, 12:19 PM Wrote:i found my pig tails for my zx3 here they should have the ones your looking for
it'll take some searching

http://www.motorcraft.com/pdf/Wiring_Pig...atalog.pdf

http://www.motorcraft.com/pdf/Wiring_Pigta...ation_Guide.pdf
[right][snapback]235636[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for this - great resource.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

Thanks for the info Philip and the offer ... the wagon never had 3 stage lighting, even in 2000 / 1, so I wonder if a sedan wiring set would work? And if not, then I guess just use the connector.

In terms of the rear fog I was thinking a relay on the front fog circuit and simply running wire to the rear - the Euro switch for Mk 1 won't fit my car.

Frost__2001,Apr 20 2007, 12:54 PM Wrote:I Have the same thing on my sedan tails, I could set the whole thing up for you as I made my own connections from OEM Ford wire female ends that fit into place perfectly as I had to hook up my sedan tails and rear fog lights.

all you need is the wiring loom from a wreaked Sedan with the three stage tail lights, (the reason why you need the three stage light wiring from the sedan is so your not having to go thru your stock wiring to look and split from the signel / brake light / parking light as it takes way too long to look for this, and by using the 3 stage wiring it saves you the trouble in the first place) The 3 stage wiring loom is located in the trunk of the sedans so you need to get it at the plug & cut the one wire to the re-defog at the window, & lastly some shrink tubes from crappy tire or part source.

If you want I could set this all up for you in about 20 minutes a side. and as for the rear fog light, it will take a little longer to wire in, but it will only work if you have the European Headlight switch, but I don't know if they are useable in the 2005-2007 model Focus.

[right][snapback]235639[/snapback][/right]

ZTWsquared,Apr 20 2007, 01:16 PM Wrote:Thanks for the info Philip and the offer ... the wagon never had 3 stage lighting, even in 2000 / 1, so I wonder if a sedan wiring set would work? And if not, then I guess just use the connector.

In terms of the rear fog I was thinking a relay on the front fog circuit and simply running wire to the rear - the Euro switch for Mk 1 won't fit my car.

Frost__2001,Apr 20 2007, 12:54 PM Wrote:I Have the same thing on my sedan tails, I could set the whole thing up for you as I made my own connections from OEM Ford wire female ends that fit into place perfectly as I had to hook up my sedan tails and rear fog lights.

[right][snapback]235646[/snapback][/right]

I know the 3 stage set up is not on your wagon or any north american wagon but the wiring loom is iner-changable with all focus models, I did this with a ZX3 already. by going with the sedan rear wiring it saves you all the time figuring out what wire is what, and not having to spend a long time re-wiring, as everything is done already with the 3 stage.

the relay might not be needed, I know when I hooked up the rear fog on my car it was just a matter of plugging in the wire to the plug and then plugging in the headlight switch as it has the extra switch there... the Rear fog is not fused.

[Image: FocusEuropeanHeadlightswitch.jpg]

83a = Rear fog lamps / switched - not fused
83b = Front fog lamps / switched - fused
30 = Power feed for all lamps (e.g. dash, plates, parking lights, interior 'lamp-on' chime) / constant voltage - fused

As for hooking the rear fog up to your front ones it's a good Idea, but it would be annoying to other drivers if you forgot it's hooked up, as both would be on at the same time, unless you got into the habbit of not using your fogs at all unless you hit bad weather.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Apr 20 2007, 02:20 PM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Apr 20 2007, 01:16 PM Wrote:Thanks for the info Philip and the offer ... the wagon never had 3 stage lighting, even in 2000 / 1, so I wonder if a sedan wiring set would work? And if not, then I guess just use the connector.

[right][snapback]235646[/snapback][/right]

I know the 3 stage set up is not on your wagon or any north american wagon but the wiring loom is iner-changable with all focus models, I did this with a ZX3 already. by going with the sedan rear wiring it saves you all the time figuring out what wire is what, and not having to spend a long time re-wiring, as everything is done already with the 3 stage.

the relay might not be needed, I know when I hooked up the rear fog on my car it was just a matter of plugging in the wire to the plug and then plugging in the headlight switch as it has the extra switch there... the Rear fog is not fused.

[Image: FocusEuropeanHeadlightswitch.jpg]

83a = Rear fog lamps / switched - not fused
83b = Front fog lamps / switched - fused
30 = Power feed for all lamps (e.g. dash, plates, parking lights, interior 'lamp-on' chime) / constant voltage - fused

As for hooking the rear fog up to your front ones it's a good Idea, but it would be annoying to other drivers if you forgot it's hooked up, as both would be on at the same time, unless you got into the habbit of not using your fogs at all unless you hit bad weather.
[right][snapback]235649[/snapback][/right]

Hate to revive an old thread, but does anyone know the Euro pin-outs for the headlight levelers and the 'in-and-left' "P" parking output?
Thanks
[Image: 160510.png]
[Image: 160577.png]
for the connectors to euro sockets, you can use speaker connectors..

whenver i work on focus(not my focus) to do speaker install, i save those connectors for my personal use(oops, i said personal..)..

connectors from batinc.net is ridiculous..
they want around $24.50 per connector..not $2.45, $24.50..in US$..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
i still have to get the motors for my headlights, and hook them up too... same with the city light, I have it currently hooked up to the parking lights, makes it look cool when I turn on the parking lights and the headlights shut off.
I went to the wrecking yard, and cut off the harness end of the headlight switch plug, brought it home, and removed the 'pins'...not I have extra to use on MY harness plug for the levelers, parking lights and rear fog...

But I'm still trying to find out which pins I have to use exactly...

if you have the OEM european headlight switch then you'll have them already there, same with the american version on the older models, because they changed the dial, if your using the american switch I don't know how you'd be able to use the city light or rear fog as the dial pushes in and pulls out twice for the fogs, (or once for the rear fog if you have a european base switch that is)
Frost__2001,Mar 13 2009, 09:54 AM Wrote:if you have the OEM european headlight switch then you'll have them already there, same with the american version on the older models, because they changed the dial, if your using the american switch I don't know how you'd be able to use the city light or rear fog as the dial pushes in and pulls out twice for the fogs, (or once for the rear fog if you have a european base switch that is)
[right][snapback]282587[/snapback][/right]

Yes, it's the Euro switch, of course!
:)
Anyone know which pinout on the Euro switch is for the 'P' parking lights and the headlight levelers?
I've metered all the pins, but I'm not reading anything.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Those With Euro Grills NikiterZTS 31 6,323 12-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Last Post: NikiterZTS
  Oem Euro Lights, Light Blub(s) List Frost__2001 9 4,560 09-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Last Post: kc focus
  Euro Tail Light Wiring Part Number(hatch) castone 0 1,117 04-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Last Post: castone