Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Dead 2002 Svt Focus
When i went to go to work today my radio did"nt work. I checked the fuses in the panel and both where fine. The time is frozen at 9:11 am. The system i have is the 6 cd set up. Is there a fuse in behind the radio i should look for? Also i have been told that if i change out the radio i have now i will have to buy a special part fronm the dealer in order to make the steering wheel radio controls work. Is this true? Thank you for your help
jamcan42,Apr 19 2007, 12:06 PM Wrote:When i went to go to work today my radio did"nt work. I checked the fuses in the panel and both where fine. The time is frozen at 9:11 am. The system i have is the 6 cd set up. Is there a fuse in behind the radio i should look for? Also i have been told that if i change out the radio i have now i will have to buy a special part fronm the dealer in order to make the steering wheel radio controls work. Is this true? Thank you for your help
[right][snapback]235523[/snapback][/right]

If the time is on it is getting power, but check for accessorie fuses remember you have a main power plus ignition turn on. As for the aftermarket idea, you would have to get an adaptor for the steering wheel controls. Ive been trying to find a place to do it, but no one is willing or they are giving me the run around. Plus the deck you buy must have a remote or at least the ablility to have a remote. Plus the adapter is only compatible with certain decks.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
I heard about this problem some where. Cant think of where.

I would just say have the stock one replaced if they say its shot.
2000 ZX3
Well last night as I was leaving work the radio came back on. I really don't understand what happened to it. Up to that point not even the clock worked. But the up side to all of this is i now know about all the aftermarket kits I need to put a new radio in including the steering wheel control interface. I will just see what happens next.
Pac-audio is the company that sells the interface for the steering wheel controls. All info needed is at their web site. Also the dealer only has a kit starting with the 05 model. The cost is about $70.00.