Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Trusted
According to an article in leftlane news, Ford has been voted as Britian's most trusted brand................ kinda makes me a little peeved over here.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Article:

Ford Britain's "most trusted" automaker
4-13-07

American automakers may have a public perception problem here in the United States, but overseas it's a different story. For the seventh consecutive year, Ford has been voted by Reader's Digest subscribers as Britain's most trusted car brand.

Ford won its category in the 2007 Reader's Digest European Trusted Brands survey, which covers 15 countries, 38 product categories and assesses over 24,000 replies.

European respondents were drawn from the Reader's Digest customer database of 4.5 million homes across 15 countries. June 2007 editions of Reader's Digest magazine across Europe will carry a section summarising the results of this survey.

No suprise really, they offer more car for the value in Europe, not to mention Ford is concidered the leader for design and Automotive style since the Focus concept was introduced in 1997.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Things really are different "over there."
In so many ways. Not always better, but, in this case I think yes
K&N Filter.....
Man... when I think of how glowingly my grandparents spoke about me buying a Focus back in '05... Didn't have the heart to tell 'em that it wasn't the same as the Euro Focus anymore :P

'course back in '82 when I was over there my grandfather was bitching out the Ford he owned at the time, a Ford Taunus, which he called "an unreliable piece of crap" (edited for your protection)

So perceptions can change,, it just takes time, money and effort, Ford N.A. just has to be willing to commit all three at once...

NefCanuck

-Funniest thing I saw at the local Ford garage while I was over there, a brand new Ford Explorer kitted out to Euro spec...-
Companies go thru cycles. Good for a while, start getting greedy and cut the quality, excitement, then go down the tubes for a while. Hopefully they realize that they screwed up and begin to build good, reliable, exciting vehicles again. Ford has to realize that they have a good product worldwide, so bring them here.
K&N Filter.....
^ Exactly...

Yes, they had some hiccups with the Mustangs built in 05, as every 1st model year often does anyways, and they fixed the issues right away, and now it's a very well put together vehicle with very few issues or annoyances. This is the 2nd newer Ford Car I've owned, and so far, both have been fantastic. I think because I had such a good go with my Focus, and saw what kind of potential they have, I've influenced a lot of people to buy one, or buy other products from Ford. My Mustang is winning the hearts and minds campaign too, when it comes to public perception, people are impressed with how much technology is in that car, and all of it's positive attributes (like getting the fuel economy of a 4cyl car, out of 4.6L's on the highway).

Public perception is the only REAL hurdle in Ford of the Americas' way....
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Well my wife bought a 01 Focus SE and it has been a trouble free car, I've had to do a front brake job at about 60'000 but thats it.
My 05 ST was nothing but problems so I got rid off it for a 07.
My 07 has 12'000km on it and there is a lot of small things wrong with it (factory sub box loose, carpet onder door sill loose..etc) overall I like the car but Ford has had 8 years to make this a problem free car that still has problems

my .02
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]