Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance Driving Clinic
Hi everyone. The 7th Annual Canadian Regional SVTOA Redline Rendezvous is back again in 07.

We are heading back to the improved Dunnville Autodrome, in Dunnville, Ontario. http://www.dunnvilleautodrome.com on July 27-29, 2007.

On Track registration is now open. Full details on pricing etc are posted on our website at http://www.svtoaontrack.ca

Register early as space is limited and also for your chance to win a free tint courtesy of The Detailing Shop.

If you have questions regarding this event feel free to contact me at info@svtoaontrack.ca
damn! wish I was in town.. this would be a great event to go to!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Apr 15 2007, 12:12 AM Wrote:damn!  wish I was in town.. this would be a great event to go to!
[right][snapback]234754[/snapback][/right]

Montreal?
Part of me really wants to sign up for this... but at $350 that's a lot of cabbage to be flogging a near stock Focus around a track...

Has anyone ever done this event or heard of it being done in a near stock car?

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 15 2007, 12:31 AM Wrote:Part of me really wants to sign up for this... but at $350 that's a lot of cabbage to be flogging a near stock Focus around a track...

Has anyone ever done this event or heard of it being done in a near stock car?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]234762[/snapback][/right]

Rich (Gapboy) has done track days in his otherwise stock sedan (it has an SVT facelift, and that's about it I believe).

in fact, it's better to learn in a stock car than trying to jump in with a modified car right off the bat (learned that the hard way Auto-Xing)

and Anthony... I'll be in Thunder Bay... waiting on the Montreal thing - like all the other projects, there's approvals, sign-offs, and the added hassle of getting them to sign off on travel expenses.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

WOOT this just became my birthday present...
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
NefCanuck,Apr 14 2007, 11:31 PM Wrote:Has anyone ever done this event or heard of it being done in a near stock car?
[Image: 9aad04cf.jpg]
I did the SVTOA On-Track at Shannonville when my Marauder was stock. Had a blast! You should have seen what a instructor could do with a Taurus rental.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
CanadaSVT,Apr 15 2007, 09:21 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 14 2007, 11:31 PM Wrote:Has anyone ever done this event or heard of it being done in a near stock car?
[Image: 9aad04cf.jpg]
I did the SVTOA On-Track at Shannonville when my Marauder was stock. Had a blast! You should have seen what a instructor could do with a Taurus rental.
[right][snapback]234845[/snapback][/right]

Nice, though your Marauder stock is a howitzer compared to my .22 calibre Focus :P

I'm gonna think about it a few days, did you stay the full three days or just do the one day? (In theory I could drive up the day of, but that 7AM tech inspection means I'd have to be out the door here at 5AM :ph34r: )

The instructors wouldn't know what to do with me, the way I drive... they'd take one look in my car at the extra equipment and be like "..." I'm sure :D

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 15 2007, 09:52 PM Wrote:I'm gonna think about it a few days, did you stay the full three days or just do the one day?  (In theory I could drive up the day of, but that 7AM tech inspection means I'd have to be out the door here at 5AM :ph34r: )
I went for the three days. But this year it is at Dunnville like it was in '04 which is just an hour away from Burlington. Once up #20 the roads are nice.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
I've been there once ( in 04 too ) .

Here's my ride back then :

[Image: 161094.jpg]

[Image: 161095.jpg]

[Image: 95541.jpg]

You understand that I did not own the car but the owner left at noon and I had the car for me all day , until I ran out of gaz. If I remember correctly the car was a 5.00L ( 4.6L bored out ) with a 4.30 gear pushing 380 HP at the wheels.

I don't have to say that I was very lucky to have this toy all day for me. I still thank Sean Hyland for letting me play with his car.

Sean had the same Marauder back in 2004 , it's a beautiful car.
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
CanadaSVT,Apr 16 2007, 05:23 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 15 2007, 09:52 PM Wrote:I'm gonna think about it a few days, did you stay the full three days or just do the one day?  (In theory I could drive up the day of, but that 7AM tech inspection means I'd have to be out the door here at 5AM :ph34r: )
I went for the three days. But this year it is at Dunnville like it was in '04 which is just an hour away from Burlington. Once up #20 the roads are nice.
[right][snapback]234982[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, Still, it's that 7AM tech inspection that I'd be dreading, after having to drive from central Mississauga (Which is at least 1.5hr) I just wish they had information about accommodation up already :(

I've fired off an email to them yesterday with a few questions, yet to hear a reply back, but its only been a day so...

Funny thing is that the car will hit the 60K service interval just two weeks before, so Ford will have crawled all over the car anyways ;)

NefCanuck