Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leather Shift Boots. How I Do It.
I thought I would post up a little how I make them pictorial. Seeing as I've just spent $250.00 on a new hide and have only had to make 2 sets out of it. They did not have the one I got before and so had to go up in quality to a deerskin which was much more expansive but is very nice. I'd hate to get stuck with this so if anyone who was considering getting a boot set from me and was on the fence about the quality I'm hoping this will help.

The first thing I do is cut out the pieces. This image was taken of original hide pieces.
[Image: pieces.jpg]

Then I start sewing. The rest of these shots are all of the new deerskin. A little thicker and just slightly softer.
[Image: step1a.jpg]
[Image: step2a.jpg]
[Image: step3a.jpg]

I use clear nail polish on all the ties as to ensure they do not come lose.
[Image: step4a.jpg]
[Image: step5a.jpg]
[Image: step6a.jpg]
[Image: step7a.jpg]
[Image: step8a.jpg]
[Image: step9a.jpg]
[Image: step10a.jpg]

Doesn't that look just sick! I love this new leather. The old stuff was real nice but this stuff is simply amazing.
[Image: step12a.jpg]
[Image: step13a.jpg]
[Image: step15a.jpg]

As you can see there is alot of work involved in making a set of these things. 12 total stitches all of them hard.
[Image: step18a.jpg]

The finished boot about 2/12hours work sewing and ironing
[Image: step19a.jpg]

Remeber when putting these on that the pretty top part of the boot is not seen. It is attached tp the reverse lock out and tucked under the boot.
[Image: step20a.jpg]

And the final look!
[Image: step22a.jpg]

Thanks guys,

Shawn Bailey

Also on a side note anyone who has piad through paypal shoud get there boots in no less then 1 day from today.
Performance & Cosmetic: Steeda Cold Air intake // Steeda 65mm throttle body // MBRP FlexBack exhaust // Steeda STS with hand made (by me) leather boots // tinted rear & triangles limo, doors 35%
Audio: Pioneer DEH P4700MP, larger JBL Door speakers, JBL amp and 10" JBL sub.
Next Mods: Front strut bar // rear engine mount // SCT Xcal 2 // Stage 1 Crane cams // SVT suspension // 17" rims.

Pics

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra2/gamers/my_...index.album?i=1
I'll chime in here with my experience with the ebrake lever (Autobox)

Wonderfully made, the stitching is better than the look of the stock vinyl boot and the grey stitching goes wonderfully with the interior of my car.

I'll post up a pic when I can get an outdoor light pic when it isn't raining.

Well worth the money IMO :wub:

NefCanuck
I wonder.. think you'd be able to make one up for a 2007 mustang?

my shift boot has a squeeking issue, and maybe, just maybe, a better leather, ie, like the dearskin with the suedy insides would do away with the noise...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

next payday and i will probly pick one up from you, how much for shift boot and e-brake boot?
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
The Mailman 666, if you remember me, i got your ebrake boot on focus fanatics long time ago, i m focusonme.

now i m in vancouver..

anyway, we were discussing about ebrake boot is shorter for my aftermarket ebrake knob and asked you to make another set for me with 1 inch or 2 longer(if i remember correct, you told me to add $10)..after you asked me for pics of how short it is, I sent you pics and you disappeared..

you are posting this to sell some more right??or decided not to sell anymore as you are posting howto..??
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Can you make them for the SVT Focus?

Shifter boot and e-brake

let me know on the price

Thanks
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
ZX5focused,Apr 12 2007, 02:00 PM Wrote:next payday and i will probly pick one up from you, how much for shift boot and e-brake boot?
[right][snapback]234436[/snapback][/right]

I totally opoligize for that Focus Fanatics decided to not let me sell them on there site anymore because I was getting to much damand. I would be happy to fill your request.

Just send me a PM
Performance & Cosmetic: Steeda Cold Air intake // Steeda 65mm throttle body // MBRP FlexBack exhaust // Steeda STS with hand made (by me) leather boots // tinted rear & triangles limo, doors 35%
Next Mods: Front strut bar // rear engine mount // SCT Xcal 2 // Stage 1 Crane cams // SVT suspension // 17" rims.

Pics

darkpuppet,Apr 12 2007, 01:50 PM Wrote:I wonder.. think you'd be able to make one up for a 2007 mustang? 

my shift boot has a squeeking issue, and maybe, just maybe, a better leather, ie, like the dearskin with the suedy insides would do away with the noise...
[right][snapback]234429[/snapback][/right]

I would need you to send me your stock mustang boot so I could take it apart and make a pattern from the pieces.

Pics

Just got my boots today. They look great....Thanx
The Mailman 666m, now i understand..
i m moving to toronto soon, so i will let you know.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Just sent my payment.

And here i was thinking i wasn't gonna spend any money on mods for the focus this year.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Apr 12 2007, 07:49 PM Wrote:Just sent my payment.

And here i was thinking i wasn't gonna spend any money on mods for the focus this year.
[right][snapback]234519[/snapback][/right]

Oh sh!t sorry! I didn't mean to make you spend money. But seeing as you just did let's make the best of it. :D

Pics

I ordered mine today :)
how much are they? my eboot is ripped so i'm gonna need to replace both
Below Average Car Club
schade,Apr 12 2007, 11:12 PM Wrote:how much are they? my eboot is ripped so i'm gonna need to replace both
[right][snapback]234535[/snapback][/right]

Just 55.00Can!

I installed NefCanuck's e-brake and he was so happy with it he gave me 40 just for the e-brake.

Thanks NefCanuck!

Pics

BCV6SVT,Apr 12 2007, 06:14 PM Wrote:Just got my boots today.  They look great....Thanx
[right][snapback]234494[/snapback][/right]

I'm glad you like them. you'll not find ANYTHING that even comes close to these in a store.

Pics

I got mine in the mail too, quality looks great. Can't wait to get them installed..
guilty,Apr 14 2007, 01:27 PM Wrote:I got mine in the mail too, quality looks great.  Can't wait to get them installed..
[right][snapback]234699[/snapback][/right]

If you guys could let me know if you have any issues installing them, I would be more then happy to answer any and all questions you my have.

Remember the top of your new shift boot is installed differently then the stock boot. Your new shift boot is zip tied to the reverse lock out while the boot is inside out and upside-down. To remove the stock shifter boot push towards the front of the car on the part of the boot ring that faces the e-brake and pull up. The e-brake is a little trickier. You need to get a flat head screwdriver and push it down the right hand side of the forward part of the e-brakes boot ring and pull up. The e-brake boot ring is much more fragile then the shifter ring so be gentle. Look at the picks I've posted of the e-brake boot ring and you will see the two clips that hold it in place. If you break one these clips (which I have done taking off and putting on more then 7 different colored boots) you will not be able to secure the boot to your console and you'll need to buy a new e-brake ring and vinyl boot (they come together as one piece from the dealer) which they will charge you 36.00 bucks!

For anyone who would like to have them installed and don’t mind swinging by my place, I would be more then happy to put them on for $20.00. There are a lot of unnecessary factory installed heavy duty staples that need to be pulled out.

Thanks,

Shawn Bailey

Pics

You see, this is how transactions should go! I wish they all went this way, there'd be a lot less drama if they did.

I may order a set before the camping trip. That way you can bring them and install them for me! :P green stitching.

a.
ANTHONYD,Apr 15 2007, 12:34 AM Wrote:You see, this is how transactions should go! I wish they all went this way, there'd be a lot less drama if they did.

I may order a set before the camping trip. That way you can bring them and install them for me! :P green stitching.

a.
[right][snapback]234763[/snapback][/right]

My wife and I can't wait for the camping trip. We haven't been up north since last July. I look farward to seeing evryone who is going and there cars.

Can you tell me who has the most modified Focus?

Pics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  100% Leather Shift And E-brake Boots! The Mailman 666 33 8,429 08-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Lightzz2k