Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Suggestions
Looking for new flavours of music to check out. By flavours I mean bands. And not country. Everything else (largely) is fair game.

Have at 'er boys. And girls. :)

Lately I find myself appreciating Fall Out Boy for some reason, while reverting back to Three Days Grace, early Soundgarden and I'm also back in my Billy Talent "rut".
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Coheed and Cambria those are a pair that are pretty good and in the same sorta vain as the bands you mentioned
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Flaming Lips
Anything by White Stripes
Raconteurs
Wolfmother
Shins
My chemical romance is alright
Franz
If you want something fairly sedate I can recommend "The Indigo" very gentle and soothing...

NefCanuck
I like the older Metal.
Older Metalica
Megadeth
Sabbath, of course.

Not sure what you really like but This is what I listen to when I need something to pick me up.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I'll pst for 2001ZTS.

ZEPPELIN RULES! :headbang:
Thanks for the ideas so far guys!

I'll do some shopping before I head out this weekend.

Here's hoping two batteries in the laptop is enough!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ANTHONYD,Apr 11 2007, 10:59 PM Wrote:I'll pst for 2001ZTS.

[right][snapback]234327[/snapback][/right]

Ye old staple. Never fails.

Listening to ATM:

Alexisonfire / City and Colour
Moneen
Gorillaz
Audioslave
RATM
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Brand New *
36 Crazy Fists *
Goodnight Nurse
Anything by Jonny Lang (Diff style, but slick)
The Used
The Music
Story of the Year *
30 Seconds to Mars
Apocalyptica
Agustana
Blindspott *
Coheed and Cambria *
Copeland
The Gathering
In Flames *
Heiruspecs *
Matt Mays
Mobile
Panic! At the Disco
Phoenix
Plain White T's
She Wants Revenge
Shinedown
Silverstein *
Sirenia
Switchfoot
Thirteen Senses
Thrice *
Tool ***

Nobody mentioned any rappish stuff, so I didn't either.. But that's what I'm into..Take special note of * bands, which I think are a better idea to download, I mean, buy then the others.
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
- Spoons, a 1980s (but apparently still active) Canadian New Wave-new romantic synth pop music group... I believe they were from Burlington.
- Conjure One, another Canadian 'group'
- Thom Yorke's solo album The Eraser was pretty good. Alt Rock/Electronic, similar to Radiohead's Kid A.
- Frou Frou, more electronic, though I think it's more like acid jazz or something.
- Muse, Alt Rock/Prog Rock/Electronic

Just trying to name some stuff that's different.

Some stuff that everyone probably knows
- Carlos Santana
- Pink Floyd
- The Smashing Pumpkins
- The Tragically Hip
- Weezer
- Barenaked Ladies
- The Cranberries
- The Cure
- ELO (Electric Light Orchestra)
- New Order/Joy Division

Some of the stuff above that I agree with
- Coheed and Cambria
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- 30 Seconds to Mars
- Apocalyptica
- Panic! At the Disco
- Billy Talent
- My Chemical Romance
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
ANTHONYD,Apr 11 2007, 09:59 PM Wrote:I'll pst for 2001ZTS.

[right][snapback]234327[/snapback][/right]

"You like the devils music because you are a devil" said an old friend of me.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Definately TOOL.
The Who!!!!
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
I could make quite a few suggestions but I'm sure my types of music are not the kind you'd be interested in NOS.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Apr 12 2007, 07:21 AM Wrote:I could make quite a few suggestions but I'm sure my types of music are not the kind you'd be interested in NOS.
[right][snapback]234353[/snapback][/right]

Go ahead, I actually think Erasure is pretty good stuff, I've a couple of their CD's.

I am open minded tolerate guy I am. :lol:
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Apr 12 2007, 08:50 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Apr 12 2007, 07:21 AM Wrote:I could make quite a few suggestions but I'm sure my types of music are not the kind you'd be interested in NOS.
[right][snapback]234353[/snapback][/right]

Go ahead, I actually think Erasure is pretty good stuff, I've a couple of their CD's.

I am open minded tolerate guy I am. :lol:
[right][snapback]234361[/snapback][/right]

I would but I won't, Erasure is ok, but most of the mentioned above is not what I would listen too on a daily basis, or to relax too.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Apr 12 2007, 08:02 AM Wrote:Erasure is ok, but most of the mentioned above is not what I would listen too on a daily basis, or to relax too.
[right][snapback]234363[/snapback][/right]

More a Frankie Goes to Hollywood kind of guy I see? ;)
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Along the same lines as what you seem to like...

Panic at the Disco (get away from their radio hits and listen to their other stuff)
Brand New (you've probably heard Sic Transit Gloria)
Dispatch
Matt Mays and El Torpedo
Strung out
Franz Ferdinand
Sublime (not entirely... but good nonetheless)
O.A.R
Jimmy Eat World

When in doubt, check out Pandora . Create a free account for yourself (all you need to do is type in a bogus US ZIP code), and type in which band you like.
Pandora will generate a list of artists similar in style, and play the songs for you, so you can check them out
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
2001 ZTS,Apr 12 2007, 09:06 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Apr 12 2007, 08:02 AM Wrote:Erasure is ok, but most of the mentioned above is not what I would listen too on a daily basis, or to relax too.
[right][snapback]234363[/snapback][/right]

More a Frankie Goes to Hollywood kind of guy I see? ;)
[right][snapback]234365[/snapback][/right]

Ew no... I actually really hate most commonly thought of as "Typical Gay" Music... ie. Barbra Streisand, Judy Garland, show tunes... etc...

and I relax too music like Enigma.... :rolleyes:
Oh... and I should have mentioned this earlier, because they are some of my favorite artists... but not along the lines of what you listed previously

Xavier Rudd (one man band from Australia, plays the tambay, didge, vocals, guitar, mandolin, etc. etc. )

If you ever want to see a good concert for cheap, check him out. He's fantastic!

Other than that,

Donovan Frankenreighter (similar to Jack Johnson, but better)
The Cat Empire
RHCP!!!
Live
Ben Harper
City and Colour
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"