Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Please!
Hey guys,

I need help writing some Matlab scripts to find the root mean square displacement from my values. I've checked out the help function available in Matlab, and it's not helping me much!

Basically, I have two columns of 6000 numbers, from which I need to compute a separate RMS function from each.

Do any of you know the programming language to help me do this?

Thanks!
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
:1engrishsign: :blush:
Forgive her, she forgets where she is sometimes and that is on the left side of the "bell curve" (at least I know she is doing statistics ;) , can't help with any sort of programming though).

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
do you have the full matlab help book, not the programs, and what version are you using? How do you have the numbers organized?
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Holy smokes.. you made my brain ache.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Chica i feel bad for you, i spent many years in college trying to figure that damn program out. I hate to say it, but i never did. But i'm only a lowly college kid maybe a university grad will be of more help.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Blackzx3,Apr 10 2007, 04:18 PM Wrote:do you have the full matlab help book, not the programs, and what version are you using? How do you have the numbers organized?
[right][snapback]234120[/snapback][/right]

Okay, so here is where I am at.
Basically, I was measuring forces under both feet for 30 secs at a sampling rate of 200Hz, so I have 6000 data points.
For each foot, I have an z,y and z component.
I ran a really funky script that added them together (to get a net value of the proportion from each foot), etc., so now I am left with two columns (x and y) of 6000 data points.

Originally, I took the standard deviation of the data, but I have recently had this stupid idea (yeah it's stupid, it involves too much work!!) to take the root mean squared of each of the remaining x and y values.

I attempted using the Matlab help book, but it's WAY beyond me. I've tried googling the answer, haven't been too successful there either.

I'm working with Matlab 7

Basically, my thesis supervisor could do it in a nanosecond... but he wants me to learn... and I am completly script programming illeterate.... sooooo... if you know of anyway of helping me, please let me know!

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
2001 ZTS,Apr 10 2007, 04:15 PM Wrote:Forgive her, she forgets where she is sometimes and that is on the left side of the "bell curve" (at least I know she is doing statistics  ;) , can't help with any sort of programming though).
[right][snapback]234119[/snapback][/right]

the left side? And what is THAT supposed to mean?? ;)

ZX5chica,Apr 10 2007, 06:01 PM Wrote:the left side? And what is THAT supposed to mean?? ;)
[right][snapback]234137[/snapback][/right]

Nevermind, maybe you have come to the right place afterall.

I too was once a gifted student but one day I fell off the Jungle Gym and woke up here. I think 7 is a colour and people who don't like minority governments are racist. :huh:
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I can look into it for you but honestly, I havent looked into Matlab since 2002. Uninversity engineering was quite a time ago for me. I have version 7 so I will look into it.
2001 ZTS,Apr 10 2007, 09:15 PM Wrote:Forgive her, she forgets where she is sometimes and that is on the left side of the "bell curve" (at least I know she is doing statistics  ;) , can't help with any sort of programming though).
[right][snapback]234119[/snapback][/right]

Thats pretty good. gotta love the bell curve :lol:
Is that like a torque curve at all? I'd probably try to straighten the bugger out :P

I used to mess with a few sci modelling programs and Monte Carlo simulators and whatnot (risk management, prediction, etc) in my spare time. I had buddies in the distributed computing field for molecular sciences mention MatLab once or twice... I'll try to track them down.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 11 2007, 09:21 PM Wrote:I had buddies in the distributed computing field for molecular sciences mention MatLab once or twice... I'll try to track them down.
[right][snapback]234319[/snapback][/right]

Thanks a bunch!