Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Exhaust Choices - Comes Down To Price
So I'm stuck between the MBRP and the Borla exhaust.
I know that the Borla will be more $$$, so I need to start pricing them out.

I live in Ottawa. If I get the MBRP shipped to me, how must should I expect to pay in the end?

If I go with the Borla, should I order from Trubendz, and again, how much should I expect to pay?

If I go locally for the Borla, what would the cost be then?

There is nothing worse then dishing out this type of case to find out you bought the wrong one.

Nice sound Clips
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
You said you wanted to add power someday...Go with the Borla. 2.5" is better than 2.25".
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
Buy the MBRP 2.5" kit then. Buy Canadian FFS. It's a great product and it's a great company to deal with. Order direct from the manufacturer and talk to folks who know what they're talking about.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS brings up good points, he and I both have dealt with MBRP and because they are local (Canadian) the hassles were nil to easily manageable... Dealing with Borla through a Canadian distributor means just that many more hands for your order to pass through and chances for it to get screwed up.

MBRP for the win, though I cannot offer any suggestion as to how much shipping to you might be...

NefCanuck
the borla necks down to 2.25 anyways. SVT MBRP kit is what id go with if i wasnt building my own 3".
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
focusonthis_88,Apr 7 2007, 05:40 PM Wrote:You said you wanted to add power someday...Go with the Borla. 2.5" is better than 2.25".
[right][snapback]233709[/snapback][/right]

My biggest thing with Borla is the cost...
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 7 2007, 08:37 PM Wrote:Buy the MBRP 2.5" kit then. Buy Canadian FFS. It's a great product and it's a great company to deal with. Order direct from the manufacturer and talk to folks who know what they're talking about.
[right][snapback]233720[/snapback][/right]

What does FFS stand for?
lol fer f*** sakes :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
im in ottawa and just got my 2.5" mbrp and it was under 400$ to my door.

need i say more
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS