Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-1 For The Ebay Valve Cover Gasket !
Bah... Yesterday I decided to replace my leaky valve cover gasket by my new found deal on Ebay , a leakier valve cover gasket , it is brand new so man does that thing pisses... The Ford gasket has a semi rigid core to it to give it strengh but it is pricy so cheap me I found this loomy valve cover gasket that even if you lay it down with the vavle cover upside down it will still do "S"es all over the place like if it was alive......Best job would have been to cut it with a blade ( to make it shorter ) and after sillicone it to the head ( or valve cover ) . So , old gasket back in with sillicone and screw that for now , It will sit overnight before I start the car so I don't think it will leak tomorrow.

[Image: 157411.jpg]

Stock OEM is up ( black ) and the blue loomy $hit that you already know about is somewhere in the picture too..... :P

[Image: 157408.jpg]

This is just impossible to keep it there unless I glue it and even then it's too long , it has to be cut to a perfect fit , the valve cover has no groove to help keeping the rubber there neither the head so loomy is free... :D

[Image: 157407.jpg]

I hate doing that but I'm silliconing the stock valve cover gasket that was recycled from the garbage outside , I was lucky it was not the garbage pick up day cause I would have been screwed...

[Image: 157410.jpg]

Can you see how clean is the timing belt , cam gears and around it ? .... Wanna know I do it ?...... It's called Sprayed 5W30 ...

[Image: 157409.jpg]

I'll stick with OEM for that part if it's the only thing available right now unless I did not shop enough but Oh well..... :)

So what's your valve cover story......[Image: rollinglaugh.gif]
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
Unfortunately sometimes you really do get what you pay for from ebay.

Hope the stock gasket with some silicone holds up awhile for ya.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

don't have a valve cover story but sounds like you got one of those cheaply made chinese illegal imports.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
mine was leacking but i still bought one from Ford.....it was $52 :angry:
but it holds up good
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I do hope you used hi-temp gasket maker. not just some bathroom style silicone to hold it in place. Since you had to leave it over night you could have gone to cdn tire, and got some ultra copper gasket maker and made yourself a nice gasket and been done with.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
I just saved you some money guys...... :D
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

Blackzx3,Apr 2 2007, 07:55 PM Wrote:Since you had to leave it over night you could have gone to cdn tire, and got some ultra copper gasket maker and made yourself a nice gasket and been done with.
[right][snapback]232960[/snapback][/right]
Hylomar FTW. That blue green stuff works great!
I bought mine from Ford. They asked me what was the date of manufacture, as I guess, there were some minor differences in the "early years." The cost was higher than a parts store, but, the part fit right, first time, no leak anymore. NOTE TO ALL: If the gasket is leaking, first check the bolts to see if they are tight. I had one that was loose, oh and that was where the leak was. My next door neighbour reminded me of that after I had changed it.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
cant u send the ebay one back?
2000 ZX3
Damn eBay... threads like this remind me why I keep avoiding any purchases on there. But... where's the shiny new header?!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
euro_zx5,Apr 3 2007, 07:59 AM Wrote:... where's the shiny new header?!
[right][snapback]232998[/snapback][/right]

I have 2 Focus , the 00 ZX3 is a daily driver and tha 03 ZX3 is the toy...

It doesn't worth sending it back , it was $15.00 , so the garbage can will take care of it. I've been on Ebay for 7 years and have over 180 Feedbacks so this was a bad judgement from me . I drove to work this morning and looks like it's not leaking at least it doesn't smell burn oil in the car anymore.. :)

Martin !
...V8 RX7...

Personally, I would buy this kind of stuff from the dealership. I woudlnt trust ebay to keep oil off my header. :blink:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I know now.... :P
Martin !
...V8 RX7...