Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Remove Paint Transfer
So before christmas I managed to head butt a garbage bin woth the front corner (passenger side) of my car. No damage, just paint transfer off the bin onto my car. Its going to be nice tomorrow, so I figures its a good day to fix this blemish.
I was origonally able to buff out some of the paint, but also took away the shine from the paint on my car. So anywho, how do I take care of this problem, products to use, cost involved. What I do have is an oscillating buffer, and thats about it. Please help a brotha out.
laidman,Mar 30 2007, 11:03 PM Wrote:So before christmas I managed to head butt a garbage bin woth the front corner (passenger side) of my car.  No damage, just paint transfer off the bin onto my car.  Its going to be nice tomorrow, so I figures its a good day to fix this blemish. 
I was origonally able to buff out some of the paint, but also took away the shine from the paint on my car.  So anywho, how do I take care of this problem, products to use, cost involved.  What I do have is an oscillating buffer, and thats about it.  Please help a brotha out.
[right][snapback]232574[/snapback][/right]

MR.Clean magic erasers are good for getting off hard to remove stuff.
Ive use it to get tar off the side of my car. give it a try.
2000 ZX3
I picked up this Liquid claybar stuff. It talks about removing what I want so I will try it.

Today was s***, so Maybe another day
Try several passes with a clay bar. That should do the trick. If not, get some rubbing compound and a rag with a little water and elbow grease. The compound will pretty much "grind" it off. Then wax with a cleaner and clear coat carnuba. It should take you about half an hour to do it properly.

*** Mason, using a Mr.clean magic eraser is probably the equivilant of dragging a sponge that layed in you garden all winter over the paint.***
I used a Mother's clay bar and Meg's ScratchX to remove black paint transfer off my inlaws white Century. And they were going to take it to the body shop to have it resprayed... :D

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
does it matter if te car has a metalic paint, or does this stuff only apply to base colours
I have the Copper metallic Focus, I just want to make sure that I don't make it any worse...
You won't make it any worse.

Just don't use a high-speed buffer with the compound.
Do it by hand.
Get scratch Doctor, it should take it out easily without too much work. Also, it doesn't take the shine out of your car
I use a polishing wax to remove the scuff marks from cones that i hit at auto-x. I assume that it would work the same as on the paint transfer. And it wont damage your metallic paint. most scratches or blemishes only affect the clear coat, unless they are very deep.
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale
mothers clay bar always took off the yellow paint from the street painters on my cars.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]