Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sedans Only
I would like to know what is the best type of lubricant for the door hinges. The rear doors ( that's why I said Sedans only ) on my ZTS are very squeaky and annoying whenever I open them. I've used Aerosol white grease, it only lasts for a bit, and makes a mess.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Mar 29 2007, 09:57 AM Wrote:I would like to know what is the best type of lubricant for the door hinges. The rear doors ( that's why I said Sedans only ) on my ZTS are very squeaky and annoying whenever I open them. I've used Aerosol white grease, it only lasts for a bit, and makes a mess.
[right][snapback]232388[/snapback][/right]
I use a lithium grease on my accord & BMW.

EDIT:...and focus hatch :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Mar 29 2007, 10:03 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Mar 29 2007, 09:57 AM Wrote:I would like to know what is the best type of lubricant for the door hinges. The rear doors ( that's why I said Sedans only ) on my ZTS are very squeaky and annoying whenever I open them. I've used Aerosol white grease, it only lasts for a bit, and makes a mess.

[right][snapback]232390[/snapback][/right]
My problems with the back doors.... no back doors on a proper hatch
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Mar 29 2007, 10:11 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]232393[/snapback][/right]

Hinges are hinges. Front door, back door, htach door...whatever, they all use the same stuff to lubricate the hinges. Ford sells the stuff to. You can also pick it up at CT.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
oldeguy,Mar 29 2007, 10:11 AM Wrote:My problems with the back doors.... no back doors on a proper hatch

ZX5 has back doors.

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Flofocus,Mar 29 2007, 10:20 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Mar 29 2007, 10:11 AM Wrote:

Hinges are hinges. Front door, back door, htach door...whatever, they all use the same stuff to lubricate the hinges. Ford sells the stuff to. You can also pick it up at CT.
[right][snapback]232396[/snapback][/right]
Thanks. I was trying be a little funny with the back door reference. Seeing if a ZX5 owner would get involved.
K&N Filter.....
darkpuppet,Mar 29 2007, 10:59 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Mar 29 2007, 10:11 AM Wrote:My problems with the back doors.... no back doors on a proper hatch

ZX5 has back doors.
[right][snapback]232400[/snapback][/right]
Sorry. I had totally forgotten about the ZX5. See what happens when you get near 50
K&N Filter.....
like flo said

lithum grease is best man...

but you can always use my fave.... slippery kitty
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
thats what I use (white grease) - don't get it at the dealer. They probably charge way to much for it !! CT is the best choice.
Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
IIRC there was a recall on that item years ago to replace the 2-piece metal sliders with a solid plastic one ... which ones do you have? If you have the metal ones there's nothing you can do but lubricate them regularly.

Oh ... and in terms of "with what" I suggest an anti-seize lube with aluminum and copper - the paint on kind that's really quite thick.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
As ZTW said, there is in fact a recall on the rear door hinges in the sedans and Ontario is one of the provinces affected (I had to have mine done, looks like they did little more than lube 'em up, lets see how long that lasts :P)

Another vote for lithium grease... Hell, I even use the stuff on my knee brace to keep things moving :D

NefCanuck
KY makes things nice and slippery. My GF loves the stuff. :rolleyes:
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 29 2007, 03:36 PM Wrote:KY makes things nice and slippery.  My GF loves the stuff.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]232425[/snapback][/right]
With the warming gel?
K&N Filter.....
Motomaster Silicone Lube or most any white lithium grease work best imo. The white grease should be cleaner and last longer than the silicone lube of course.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
I had the recall done on my Zx5 also.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
oldeguy,Mar 29 2007, 10:02 AM Wrote:Thanks. I was trying be a little funny with the back door reference. Seeing if a ZX5  owner would get involved.
[right][snapback]232401[/snapback][/right]

Man first thing I thought when "back door reference" came into view was anal.. Lubricant, "back door"..

C'mon.

.... And use astroglide.
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]