Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Please..someone Gotta Know:>>edit Video
Well its been 3 days trying and still nothing , I can only get the red light on my amp and not green the power and ground is definatley good (checkedmulti) the remote and LOC wires are hooked up according to what you guys listed and nothing .
I have the remote wire to a Yellow / Green
Left Rear - white purple + and gray/white -
Right Rear - White + and gray -

and nothing , come on guys is the 2006 stereo different ? I have the single cd mp3 ... Need help
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Are you sure that is the right remote wire? i think that would be the only one i would question at this time. Is the AMP good? was it used or brand new?
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

this might helped you out

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=16630
Ya definately check the remote turn-on wire.

Also what does the red light mean? Does the manual for the amp give you any indication of what it means? Sometimes they'll blink in different patterns and such for different problems.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

good amp I tested it and it works , its gotta either be the Loc installed to the wrong wires , loc not working , or bad rca cables
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Red if its not good and green when it is pretty much lol
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
ok well I put a jumper from remote to the 12v power and it stil lwont work so its gotta either be a mix up with wiring or something
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Sounds internal or, how is the amp getting the audio signal, if you are usings rca's check the input voltage. If not using RCA's and the factory line level outputs there could be a wiring issue, let me know.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
Theres rca for the audio signal to the amp but its wired to my stock deck with a loc . The volts at the power is fine is there a way to check with the multimeter if the rca is putting audio to the amplifier.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Mar 26 2007, 05:47 PM Wrote:Theres rca for the audio signal to the amp but its wired to my stock deck with a loc . The volts at the power is fine is there a way to check with the multimeter if the rca is putting audio to the amplifier.
[right][snapback]232059[/snapback][/right]

What kinda deck you have.
Does it have Pre-outs.

It sounds like the amp is staying in protect mode. Could even be the connection in your sub box. If your shorting out in there it would cause it.
Check your Actual sub wires
2000 ZX3
Its the stock deck im trying to run a Line out convertor for rcs jacks , the subs are fine we tried them in a buddies car not long ago.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
you have to start eliminating things. If you disconnect everything from the amp except power, does it power up fine. If so you something outside the amp may be a problem

If it does power up fine add the speaker box. No input. This is a way to check the box

Now if that is ok add the input signal, if it then goes down, there is an issue with the input if not, reply and we try some other things

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
seems like an issue with positive , remote and ground but I checkw ith multi and im getting 12.09 volts at positive and 12.09 volts from remote when I turn the key so I dont understand it and I check the multimeter with the ground so it must be good .
I hooked the amp up i nthe house to a old deck and a power box before putting it i nthe car and it worked so ...
maybe theres something with postive and remote im not sure

got the power hooked direct to battery with a fuse which is sending power ..

Got the ground bolted under the seatbelt anchor

Got the remote tapped into the Yellow/green ignition wire for the stereo

Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
http://www.roadmasterusa.com/amplifiers_vr3.php

VRA 4.0 is the amp I got
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Whats the impedance of your subs? And what configuration do you have them wired? If you've got less than 4ohms that might be whats causing your problem not to mention a 4 x 100W amp seems a lil undersized to power 2 subs.

Generally you can use a 2 channel amp bridged to run 2 subs but i've never heard of a 4 channel amp being used. There might be a reason to that and that might be whats causing your problem.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

without the subs even connected it wont turn green
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Well yesterday when I started the car I heard the amp turn on so I went to the trunk like a child in a candy store but the rca were unhooked once I plugged them in bam back to red so its got to be the line out convertor hooked up wrong
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Mar 29 2007, 07:04 AM Wrote:Well yesterday when I started the car I heard the amp turn on so I went to the trunk like a child in a candy store but the rca were unhooked once I plugged them in bam back to red so its got to be the line out convertor hooked up wrong
[right][snapback]232377[/snapback][/right]

Ya no doubt it's the RCA's or the LOC if having them unplugged fixed the problem.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

I must have the wrong wires or the loc is no good ,
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
ill take a picture later of the loc and the wire to wire colour maybe someone can figure out what im doing wrong
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99