Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For Ford Employees
This goes out to the folks that work for FoMoCo...

I am curious to know if the top end sound systems in Fords and Mercury's are still provided by/co-designed by JBL?

My roomate has a MACH sound system in his Escape Ltd, with a seperate amp and 6.5" sub in the back 1/4 panel, and my Stang has the Shaker 500. I am wondering if the speakers in the premium systems are JBL, and if anything else is.

I'm also wondering who makes the stock head units...Ford actual, or someone like Delphi or Tenneco...

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...

Just posting to say that I'm not ignoring you, it's just that I'm not sure. I think it depends on the vehicle in question. I'm stuck in the other plant, I'm not even sure who sources the THX systems we have in the Edges.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
from 99-2004 i can guarentee you its made by Visteon.. For the single in-dash mp3 deck, its made by blaupunk and it even states so on the front and the wiring is a volkswagen connector, you need adaptors for it.. for the 6-disk in-dash, not so sure, it could also be visteon.
My other ride is your Mom
For the Fusion I know that the base and mid-line head units are made by Visteon and the NAV unit is made by Pioneer. Dunno who makes the Fusion speakers though :unsure:

NefCanuck
Sony sounds familiar. When I get back from this 5 week layoff I'll find out for sure, if you don't have the answer by then.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.