Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Can't Understand You, Where Are You From?
So, 7:30am, I'm talking to some old lady hick from Virginia. Way back woods Virginia.

After talking a little bit and giving her things to do so she can get webpages to load, she says, "Where are you from? You're difficult to understand with your accent."

My response (not lying!) was: "I'm from north of the Mason-Dixon Line, ma'am." :ph34r:

And then there were crickets for a few seconds.. and we continued our conversation.

My co-workers were sitting here howling when I got off the phone and they asked me what prompted that response.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
torradan,Mar 6 2007, 07:49 AM Wrote:So, 7:30am, I'm talking to some old lady hick from Virginia.  Way back woods Virginia.

After talking a little bit and giving her things to do so she can get webpages to load, she says, "Where are you from?  You're difficult to understand with your accent."

My response (not lying!) was:  "I'm from north of the Mason-Dixon Line, ma'am."  :ph34r:

And then there were crickets for a few seconds.. and we continued our conversation.

My co-workers were sitting here howling when I got off the phone and they asked me what prompted that response.
[right][snapback]229073[/snapback][/right]

What prompted that response? Likely the background muzak on her end of the dueling banjos bit from "Deliverance" :D :rofl:

Reminds me of the time my condos property manager called at work looking for me and I answered the phone. he didn't recognize me he says because I "had my radio voice on" :ph34r:

(Yeah right, I have a voice and FACE for radio) :lol:

NefCanuck
hehe I'm really surprised I didn't hear Dueling Banjos.

She had the thickest, most backwoods-ish, willy nelson, country-music, talk-like-i-have-a-dip-of-tabacco-in-my-mouth, nascar, redneck accent I've ever heard.

Which prompted my smart-ass reply. :)
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
:lol: thats friggen hilarious! I wouldnt be able to handle someone like that, I would honestly burst out into laughter lmao.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
priceless :lol:
do you play the "this call may be recorded for quality purposes" disclaimer and is there a recording of the convo??
hahaha
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
our calls aren't recorded.. only monitored 2x a week by my team lead for QA... but the displays go funky on the phones, so we know when we're being listened in on. :)
--
Team PITA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Those Who Understand French ZX5chica 6 1,953 11-10-2006, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001