Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Recycling A Rim
Wasn't sure where to put this.. but move it to another topic if this doesn't apply here.

I have a Stock rim that's chipped and useless now.

I don't feel like just dumping it at my Citys Recycling yard cause their jerks. They allow you to dump stuff there but not take anything out.. kind of retarded since Ive dropped stuff off of there before and they have had things that I could use at that yard.. and wouldn't even sell me it..

What options do I have with this useless rim? can I get any cash for it? or give it to someone who gives back to the community?
Go to your local scrap yard and they should give you money for it. Or turn it into a useful garden hose reel.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

coffee table?
Chair for a relative that you hate? :P

NefCanuck
ANTHONYD,Nov 17 2009, 12:37 PM Wrote:coffee table?
[right][snapback]297418[/snapback][/right]

X2 - lexan with some nice flush-mount machine bolt studs down through the stud holes on the rims and cap with lock nuts. Would look wicked.

Damn, that makes me wish I had an extra rim kicking around. :(
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.