Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo On Stock Engine
you guys find that cheap. 350$ for just the software.
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
seriously man, you gotta pull your head out of the sand on the whole "cost" thing.

just be happy you own a focus and can take advantage of the stock computer the way we can. other cars are not so lucky and many guys out there are FORCED to buy a $1000-4000 standalone and start from scratch.

it costs money to design parts and software!

it costs money to build and test parts and software!

it costs money to get someone who KNOWS what they are doing to build/fix/tune your car if you don't know how to....!

by the looks of this thread there isn't a whole lot of collective knowledge in this area which really scares me. i usually don't get involved in the tech threads on here as you guys never listen but god damn man.... you're seeing sub 10s on the AFR and you HAVEN'T fixed that yet?!?! WTF?!?!
not only are you giving up a ton of power but you are slowly killing your engine!

the way i see it, you have 3 choices with your car....

1. pony up and PAY someone who knows what they are doing to propperly tune your car.

2. pony up and buy the software and educate yourself on how to use it to tune your own car.

3. pull off the boost and go back to stock if you are so stuck on the "high price" of doing it right.

the only time you can say "it's not worth the money, i can do it myself!" is when you actaully CAN DO IT yourself!

tuning isn't cheap!
it costs for the time and knowledge of the tuner.. he had to pay for his education and skills over the years... you have to pay for it or you don't get it.
it costs for the equipement purchase, up-keep and replacements.... unless you know how much these things cost, don't bitch about the price.

I bill out at $75/hour on labour and $130 for tuning plus dyno costs...
if you don't like prices like that, get your mailman or "back-yard Bob" to tune your car for you!

like i said, unless you can do it yourself, you have to pay to play!
Flofocus,Mar 22 2007, 04:50 AM Wrote:
ZX3TUNING,Mar 21 2007, 09:53 PM Wrote:WOW?!
:o  :o  :o  :o
[right][snapback]231497[/snapback][/right]

Double on the wow. hooka brotha up yo!
[right][snapback]231530[/snapback][/right]

that's not what i was "wowing" about... ;) :ph34r:
Hey guys, newbie here.

I have had my 2000 zx3 since new. I've been payment free since 2004 and now I"m ready to add on some power.

I want to PAY a PROFESSIONAL to a turbo to it in the Ottawa aera.
Someone threw out the name Michael Hackish.
Where is he located? Is he a Pro?

Where else in the Ottawa area can I go?

I don't work on my own car because I don't know enough. :D
But I'm willing to pay someone that does to get it right the first time.

Cheers
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
Alec Brandon,Mar 22 2007, 04:46 PM Wrote:Hey guys, newbie here.

I have had my 2000 zx3 since new.  I've been payment free since 2004 and now I"m ready to add on some power.

Where is he located?  Is he a Pro?

I don't work on my own car because I don't know enough.  :D

Cheers
[right][snapback]231606[/snapback][/right]

welcome!!

honestly, if you dont work on your own car and arent knowledegable to do it yourself, i would def recomend a pro. your best bet seeing as you want some more power but not alot of heahaches would be the Powerworks Supercharger kit. do some research on it, but all in all, it is the complete package. it includes all hardware and wiring and is a complete install and drive kit. It includes tuning which is pretty much perfect.

talk to ZX3Tuning (mitch) he is a authorized dealer for it. you would be looking at 1-2 days for install.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
i know that my low afr are bad for my engine. i want to buy the software but its kinda pricey.

how much are you charging for the software ZX3 Tunning, and are there any focus canada.net discounts.
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
i don't sell the proracer package.

$350 is pretty cheap for it... it's a lot cheaper than a new engine!

I have had my 2000 zx3 since new.  I've been payment free since 2004 and now I"m ready to add on some power.

Cheers

I would buy a kit then, something with the SCT Software, and buy an EGT & AFR wideband guauges. Have Campbell or Rockland Ford install it, and have Michael tune it. If your serious about it, I can PM you his #.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Mar 22 2007, 10:12 PM Wrote:

Cheers

I would buy a kit then, something with the SCT Software, and buy an EGT & AFR wideband guauges. Have Campbell or Rockland Ford install it, and have Michael tune it. If your serious about it, I can PM you his #.
[right][snapback]231654[/snapback][/right]

I bought the Roush Turbo System. If your interested in that Kit come and see me at Van And Truck World and my car is there too so you can see the setup..I can sell it to you. And I got mine install by Rockland Ford.
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
ZX3TUNING,Mar 23 2007, 05:38 AM Wrote:seriously man, you gotta pull your head out of the sand on the whole "cost" thing.

just be happy you own a focus and can take advantage of the stock computer the way we can. other cars are not so lucky and many guys out there are FORCED to buy a $1000-4000 standalone and start from scratch.

it costs money to design parts and software!

it costs money to build and test parts and software!

it costs money to get someone who KNOWS what they are doing to build/fix/tune your car if you don't know how to....!

by the looks of this thread there isn't a whole lot of collective knowledge in this area which really scares me. i usually don't get involved in the tech threads on here as you guys never listen but god damn man.... you're seeing sub 10s on the AFR and you HAVEN'T fixed that yet?!?! WTF?!?!
not only are you giving up a ton of power but you are slowly killing your engine!

the way i see it, you have 3 choices with your car....

1. pony up and PAY someone who knows what they are doing to propperly tune your car.

2. pony up and buy the software and educate yourself on how to use it to tune your own car.

3. pull off the boost and go back to stock if you are so stuck on the "high price" of doing it right.

the only time you can say "it's not worth the money, i can do it myself!" is when you actaully CAN DO IT yourself!

tuning isn't cheap!
it costs for the time and knowledge of the tuner.. he had to pay for his education and skills over the years... you have to pay for it or you don't get it.
it costs for the equipement purchase, up-keep and replacements.... unless you know how much these things cost, don't bitch about the price.

I bill out at $75/hour on labour and $130 for tuning plus dyno costs...
if you don't like prices like that, get your mailman or "back-yard Bob" to tune your car for you!

like i said, unless you can do it yourself, you have to pay to play!
[right][snapback]231604[/snapback][/right]

Nicely put Mitch!! Couldn't agree with you more. If you're going to do it, do it right!! I don't want to think about what I've spent but when I nail the throttle I don't worry about it. We've spent 7+ hours on the dyno and we're not done yet and it has been worth every penny. Look at all the FI threads on any of the Focus forums, TUNING IS EVERYTHING! When I did mine the Pro Race package wasn't available so I had to pony up and get the Pectel at $2500! Don't regret it for a second. :D
I'm getting forced induction soon, tuning is everything. Yes it cost money but the result is priceless. I need to get new pistons (8,5:1) and new rods this summer and crank the boost higher for a september race meet. Mitch, what is your price on these items?

Oh yeah, Mitch I'm getting a new credit card. As soon as I get it I'll pay the "paypal" invoice for the sway bar. My old card got corrupted :angry: I'm going to vancouver this summer, I'll stop by to see the shop!
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!