Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honda Back To The Drawing Board For New Nsx
Honda back to the drawing board for new NSX
22-02-2007

When Honda unveiled the Advanced Sports Car Concept earlier this year, it said the vehicle was a direct preview of the 2008 Acura NSX. Typically automakers don't say which future production cars ambiguously named concepts are supposed to represent, but Honda officials had no problem disclosing their intentions for this project.

Now it appears the car might be headed back to the drawing board. Although it wasn't slammed by the automotive press or enthusiasts, the concept didn't get rave reviews, either. It turns out Honda executives were hoping for something more breathtaking, too. As a result, they've asked the design team to rethink their plans, according to a report by Winding Road magazine.

While the basic proportions, V10 engine, and all-wheel-drive will stay, the rest of the package will likely change before production begins in early 2008. Look for the production version of the new NSX will arrive at the Tokyo Motor Show this fall.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Feb 23 2007, 08:49 AM Wrote:While the basic proportions, V10 engine, and all-wheel-drive will stay, [/i]
[right][snapback]227875[/snapback][/right]

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :D

Finally the the NSX can really fit in with the supercar crowd.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
FINALLY the NSX comes back!

Woo hoo!
that was always a sexy car
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
It's the only Honda I ever thought was worth fantasizing about. Thanfkully, I'm proven correct yet again. :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I don't blame them, the car looked like s*** and outdated.......
NSX concept
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Feb 23 2007, 08: Wrote:I don't blame them, the car looked like s*** and outdated.......
NSX concept
[right][snapback]227934[/snapback][/right]

You ain't kiddin'!
Ya that concept just doesn't work considering what the nsx was. Hopefully the next one will do the original justice.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads