Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I Just Acquired An Ipod...
So I'm looking around for adapters for the car, and of course, all I find is the PIE adapter.. which I wasn't really happy with, because it can't control the ipod..

BUT... on FF someone just posted up this little slice of heaven:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1153337432303

Looks like it does everything, including utilizing the steering wheel controls!
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
torradan,Feb 12 2007, 09:31 AM Wrote:So I'm looking around for adapters for the car, and of course, all I find is the PIE adapter.. which I wasn't really happy with, because it can't control the ipod..

BUT... on FF someone just posted up this little slice of heaven:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1153337432303

Looks like it does everything, including utilizing the steering wheel controls!
[right][snapback]226541[/snapback][/right]

Very interesting, I wonder if its the same hardware that Ford is using for the "iTrip" option :huh:

I've been meaning to see what my dealer wants to install the iTrip, but if this is cheaper and does the same thing.... T'would just be a matter of getting my hands on it and getting it installed -goes to check the BestBuy.ca website-

NefCanuck
I looked on bestbuy.ca to look for something comparable for you guys, and came up empty.

Went to the Peripheral Electronics site, and saw that Future Shop sells thier stuff.. here is the link:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...10073963&catid=

It says its for Ford, but what looks weird:
Kit contains multiple GM harness selections.

Must be to convert the harness for GM vehicles I guess.
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Your dead set on using the stock radio with the focus?
'03 Focus SVT
Yep, sticking with the stock headunit. It does everything I need it to do.
--
Team PITA
Ok after contemplating this for a month, I finally picked up that adapter. It was a beaufitul day out, and I needed something to do outside.

I'd say 15 minutes total installing it, as well as snaking the cable back to the console. (Its a bit of a pain finding somewhere to put 11ft of cabling, too)

Works just like advertised.. deck & steering column controls control is perfectly. No complaints at all.

Bad part is, it looks like Best Buy is discontinuing it, so who knows if any other shops won't be stocking it any longer.
--
Team PITA
Ok, its been a week and change since I installed this baby.

Its still all working really well, except you can't listen to podcasts or audio books (found a copy of Dracula on some free website) using the interface. It's listed nowhere in the manual, reference card, or in the menuing system.

The only way I found to work around this was to create a playlist, and add the podcasts/audiobooks into them, and then you can select them from the menu system.

And I still can't fill up this bloody ipod.. 4 gigs of space, and I'm using up like 800 megs.
--
Team PITA