Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apc Out Of Business
wow that is good news indeed, now all we need is the other manufacturers that make similar products to be put under aswell and the world will be a better place indeed!
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
hate them or not, they are a local company? meaning lots of hard working americans lost their jobs.

when you think of it that way that sucks and blows. I just bought my first piece of APC parts ever, a CF cluster, and I really like it, but other than that, I dont like any of their products.

ebay ftw I suppose
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
im satisfied with my 9.3mm plug wires.......no problems with them
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
oh no.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Seen too many examples of shoddy parts by APC to not cheer for the demise of the company. In a perfect world a new company would rise from the ashes minus the absolute crap that APC produced...

I wonder if they'll hold a memorial at the Pacific Mall ;) :lol:

NefCanuck
I guess this picture says it all:
[Image: apcrap.gif]

I've always hated APC, They're so A.A.B. not just because they were associated with rice, but my friends kept buying APC parts for their cars and didnt realize the parts were made cheaply and were constructed of poor quality. The thing that ticked me off the most was a few years back, a Honda dealor was selling a BRAND NEW prelude in the showroom, but they had removed stock parts and had installed APC tail lights, APC headlights, APC Clear corners, APC wing spoiler, APC hood scoops, etc.. This is wrong, especially a new car purchase which the car is not even DOT approved from the showroom. Thats my beef with APC
My other ride is your Mom
^^ok that is just sick doing to a new car....even if its Honduah
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Good Riddance.

I'm sure all the honda drivers will be holding memorials services for the passing of this company.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Is there going to be a Type R sticker bonfire? I'll bring the gasoline! :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The only thing I've puchased by APC was a set of 194 white bulbs. They have done their job for 4 years now. But then again, they are just peanut bulbs. :lol:
NefCanuck,Jan 30 2007, 10:48 PM Wrote:I wonder if they'll hold a memorial at the Pacific Mall ;) :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]225137[/snapback][/right]

Dude.. Pacific mall wouldn't cell APC.. they sell cheap chinese knockoffs of APC :P
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Jan 31 2007, 01:09 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jan 30 2007, 10:48 PM Wrote:I wonder if they'll hold a memorial at the Pacific Mall ;) :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]225137[/snapback][/right]

Dude.. Pacific mall wouldn't cell APC.. they sell cheap chinese knockoffs of APC :P
[right][snapback]225203[/snapback][/right]

:rofl: Me-yeowtch :rofl:

Going there is like a ricers parade (paradise?) anyways :P

The sticker brigade of course includes the aformentioned "APC" on screaming neon yellow windshield banners :ph34r:

and they laugh at my discreet fc.net decals :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
I saw this coming - The products had a lot of problems caused more harm then good! I had some problems with my carbon tails when they started to leak when it rained!..Ahh well i guess no returning that item.. :angry:
well like I said, shoddy products, shoddy company that will not be missed. I'm still suprised that NHTSA didn't sue them for making their tail lights not DOT safe in most cases.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Good riddance, all they ever made was useless garbage....
My Mom Says I'm Special
Frost__2001,Jan 31 2007, 11:44 PM Wrote:well like I said, shoddy products, shoddy company that will not be missed. I'm still suprised that NHTSA didn't sue them for making their tail lights not DOT safe in most cases.
[right][snapback]225263[/snapback][/right]

Nothing like that would occur, because with lots of aftermarket parts, the words "for off road use only" or something to that extent can be found on the package. And therefore if you put them on your car and drive on road it becomes your responsibility.

examples focussport and the race headers. "Race only application, a release must be signed and returned to us prior to each sale no matter where you live."

2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
^^ Then the retailers selling this crap, knowing that it's bottom-dollar junk, should be having folks sign the same waiver when the sale takes place.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 2 2007, 08:36 AM Wrote:^^ Then the retailers selling this crap, knowing that it's bottom-dollar junk, should be having folks sign the same waiver when the sale takes place.
[right][snapback]225500[/snapback][/right]

The waive is from focussport for their race headers. That was only an example of items that are sold that are not road legal.

(another example : from vht's website for nite shade "Recommended for off road use. ")

Just getting to the point once you start putting aftermarket parts on a car, most will be "for offroad use only" therefore not street legal.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Those 194 lights I have from APC state right on the package "for off road use only" abd "buyer accepts responsibility". Basically they are covering their ass if a cop pulled someone over with an illegal part on their car
vy_MR2,Feb 3 2007, 04:36 PM Wrote:Those 194 lights I have from APC state right on the package "for off road use only" abd "buyer accepts responsibility". Basically they are covering their ass if a cop pulled someone over with an illegal part on their car
[right][snapback]225661[/snapback][/right]
Not defending APC, but almost every manufacturer of aftermarket car mod parts have that disclaimer.

Almost every set of foglights you buy at Canadian Tire say the same thing.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*