Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Location Of Block Heater Plug In On '05?
Subject line says it all, where do you plug in the cable that Ford gives you into the block heater? (I assume I have one seeing as how I have the SES model that came with everything and the kitchen sink :iono: )

Wanna make sure the car starts after getting parked overnight in Wiarton :ph34r:

NefCanuck
I'm not sure if this can help but, on the '00 Zetec, the plug for the block Heater is right in front of the battery.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
It's just to the right of the valve cover, kinda down a bit from the battery.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Better plug it in Nef.

-6 tonight.

:lol:
My focus has been sitting for months and it still starts. Original 7 year old battery to.

I do have one of those CT Solar panel trickle chargers hooked up to it though.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
It's over by the Steeda, Daniel, to the right between the intake and the fender, on top. I should have tucked it there.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Jan 23 2007, 06:00 PM Wrote:It's over by the Steeda, Daniel, to the right between the intake and the fender, on top. I should have tucked it there.
[right][snapback]224320[/snapback][/right]

Ah okay and you didn't because they never installed the wiring (It's sitting in my glovebox :P )

NefCanuck
ANTHONYD,Jan 23 2007, 02:40 PM Wrote:Better plug it in Nef.

-6 tonight.

:lol:
[right][snapback]224304[/snapback][/right]

Funny Anthony :rolleyes: :P

I have no idea how cold Wiarton might get while I'm there. I'm just loathe to let the poor thing sit out there overnight at -15C or something :ph34r:

I'm afraid it'd be a shock since the car has a nice warm garage at work and home when I'm parking for long periods of time ;)

NefCanuck
My garage is full of stuff not car related, I have no room for the car, much to my aggravation, so, I changed to synthetic oil and haven't had any problems. I here a battery warmer makes more sense than a block heater.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
I've started mine at -25 easily.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NefCanuck,Jan 23 2007, 07:29 PM Wrote:Ah okay and you didn't because they never installed the wiring (It's sitting in my glovebox :P )
[right][snapback]224326[/snapback][/right]
Didn't yours come installed? Mine did. Or did something happen to the original plug?
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Jan 24 2007, 12:28 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jan 23 2007, 07:29 PM Wrote:Ah okay and you didn't because they never installed the wiring (It's sitting in my glovebox :P )
Didn't yours come installed? Mine did. Or did something happen to the original plug?
[right][snapback]224344[/snapback][/right]

All I know is that in my glove box I found a wire & plug in a baggie that I assume goes to the block heater that I'm pretty sure my car comes with. Then I look in the owners manual and can find nada about it, so I'm just confused :unsure:

NefCanuck
Dan yer nuts.

Waierton ain't that far away bro.

NefCanuck,Jan 24 2007, 09:56 AM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Jan 24 2007, 12:28 AM Wrote:
[right][snapback]224344[/snapback][/right]

All I know is that in my glove box I found a wire & plug in a baggie that I assume goes to the block heater that I'm pretty sure my car comes with. Then I look in the owners manual and can find nada about it, so I'm just confused :unsure:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]224368[/snapback][/right]

Off to the dealer's with you, boyo. They're standard equipment on all Foci in Canada.

ANTHONYD,Jan 24 2007, 10:32 AM Wrote:Dan yer nuts.

Waierton ain't that far away bro.
[right][snapback]224380[/snapback][/right]

I don't read maps too good (You should know this by now :lol:) so when I see a three hour travel time estimate to the northwest via Mapquest & my GPS mapping software I'm thinking I might wanna see about that block heater yo :P :D

NefCanuck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Block Heater Canadian ST 12 2,897 02-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Flofocus